Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Another needless death

I'm referring to the Polar bear that was murdered in the north of Norway when his hunting grounds were invaded by those clowns playing at explorers.

As always, the trip was organised by the stupid leading the even more stupid . . . . did they really need to kill that magnificent animal ? . . . shame on them all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 06:35 PM

Re: Another needless death

I think it is good for the young to spread their wings and explore the world around them but sad that this group were in the wrong place at the wrong time

I am also sad that if as you say Denis the Polar Bear was shot just behaving naturally in its own territory
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Havent they enough to think about with global warming without idiots cramping their stile.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 06:51 PM

The bear attacked them! Of course it had to be killed.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:05 PM

A tragedy indeed, and I mourn both the deaths.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A tragedy indeed, and I mourn both the deaths.
I agree Plantman.

As to the young people there. We don't know the full story but people have always been adventurous and risk taking, would we really have it otherwise?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Well I am sorry but they were in his space.
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:26 PM

you mess with bears this is what happens. People should not be in their habitat. We know what dangerous animals they are so why go there?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:42 PM

Their habitat? If we'd believed in that back in prehistory we'd still be huddled in our caves (assuming that the cave bear hadn't gotten there first!) The territory belonged to the wolf packs and cave lions.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:53 PM

And America, Australia and a lot of other places would still belong to the natives.... The UK too..

I too love animals but my own species still matters most. The bear, tragic as it was, was shot in self defence - too late for one young man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top