Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:05 PM

Mini stroke

So I got up this morning after sleeping to 7;15,most unusual,its been 5 most morning's or thereabouts.Had breakfast did my abolutions sat down at the puter within minutes I was seeing double,vision blurred horrendous nausea and vomitting,wife rang 111,went through symptoms ended up in a&e promptly seen and various test's they conclude it was likely to have been a mini stroke, blooming frightening I'll tell you.
Anyhow no driving for a month, appointment being made for the stroke clinic and in the meantime 1 x300mg aspirin a day.

What a morning,home now but have to take it easy,not an issue.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:16 PM

Re: Mini stroke

Good grief - how frightening for you both. I hope you recover quickly. Take it easy!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
So I got up this morning after sleeping to 7;15,most unusual,its been 5 most morning's or thereabouts.Had breakfast did my abolutions sat down at the puter within minutes I was seeing double,vision blurred horrendous nausea and vomitting,wife rang 111,went through symptoms ended up in a&e promptly seen and various test's they conclude it was likely to have been a mini stroke, blooming frightening I'll tell you.
Anyhow no driving for a month, appointment being made for the stroke clinic and in the meantime 1 x300mg aspirin a day.

What a morning,home now but have to take it easy,not an issue.
Know the feeling - just worse.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:20 PM

Gosh Caricature, that must have been a shock for you!

It's good that your wife phoned 111 promptly or it may have been worse.

Take things easy for the time being...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:22 PM

What a shock for you both . Hope you are ok . Look after yourself
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:25 PM

Oh dear caricature - I hope this turns out to be a minor setback and that you will soon be back to normal.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:34 PM

We've all been sick before but this was worse,I laid down on the floor before I fell down,knew it was different,every movement seem to promote vomit.The ambulance staff gave me something to stop it so they could get me into a chair and into the ambulance.Fantastic people.
caricature
Devon,England.

14-06-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Know the feeling - just worse.
Sympathies.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:36 PM

FWTW, my venture lasted for about 16 weeks.
I hope Caricature gets much better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 03:50 PM

Hi Caricature , that must have been a very scary experience for you. I would try not to get too anxious and to look upon it as a warning to get yourself checked out.

Do you mind if I make a suggestion, check your pulse regularly and note your heart rate and any irregularities.

Every 15 seconds someone somewhere will have a stroke caused by a heart rhythm problem which may not have produced any symptoms and went undetected.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top