Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 12:55 AM

Re: UK water supplies?

The house I lived in in Brixton still had lead pipes (Latin = plumbum). I wonder if they are still in use?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The house I lived in in Brixton still had lead pipes (Latin = plumbum). I wonder if they are still in use?
All supply pipes that are the water company's responsibility will not be of the lead variety right up to their main stopcock/valve. However, after that stopcock it is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain the pipes and I expect a very small number could still possibly be lead. Most were replaced some years ago for copper and today the material is of the blue plastic variety.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Could be the reason for your intellectual problems Brucy???

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So nothing to do with population growth and everything to do with ineptitude.
Hit the nail on the head there Annie.....
Such an influx of people into England in such a short space of time equals utilities that are unable to supply demand. Hence the number of roadworks we now see.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top