Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 11:04 AM

Re: Exam Results

What is particularly silly is that the results could have been issued months ago and those who were unhappy could have sat exams last month with their results coming out over the last couple of weeks for the purposes of college and uni placements.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 11:46 AM

Taking a 30,000 ft view to me this indicates a much deeper seated weakness in the UK education system. Right from the get-go I'll say that concentration should be on a national syllabus and the STEM subjects.

Looking at what other EU countries did compared with the UK in my opinion shows that there was far too much reliance placed on the civil service to come out with a proposal on what to do which inevitably was going to be at best airy-fairy (committee-horse-camel syndrome) and at worst politically correct load of rubbish.

The problem ONCE AGAIN lays with our awful civil service.

Come on Cummings, please sort them out by draining the swamp and remind them of their real role. Make them see they are NOT in charge and do your damnedest to ensure that those who can't or more likely won't behave accordingly are got rid of.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Taking a 30,000 ft view to me this indicates a much deeper seated weakness in the UK education system. Right from the get-go I'll say that concentration should be on a national syllabus and the STEM subjects.
Obviously a matter of opinion. The national curriculum was an eventual response to a long term discussion, with Phil of Ed studies such as Towards a Compulsory Curriculum by JP White in the 1970's.

What I've never really understood though is why there are such a variety of exam boards. They all cost the same in terms of charging for exams, so the free market doesn't apply.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top