Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 11:45 PM

Re: &#@%!?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If the EU decide they cannot use London for Euro clearing, finance, insurance etc because they are not recognising our international finance standards, it will end the Eurozone and most of the other countries in the EU.

They will, effectively be saying that London (the biggest financial centre in the world) cannot trade in EU markets and vice versa, which also means they will also no longer be able to trade in USA, Singapore, Switzerland etc because they also share mutual recognition with London. A rule for one is a rule for all.

This stupidity is a great example of why we left. It shows how the EU commission do not give a toss about the 27, it's money, their economies or the people, only their political agenda.

I hope the EU do this - it will end them overnight.
I am no financial expert, but I tend to agree with this.

In my opinion, it is just another of the EU's blusterings, trying to show how they're the boss and that we must do everything they demand.

I really don't care if they don't want to access our financial expertise and connections. That is their loss.

I'm just surprised that anyone still pays them any heed at all.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I am no financial expert, but I tend to agree with this.

In my opinion, it is just another of the EU's blusterings, trying to show how they're the boss and that we must do everything they demand.

I really don't care if they don't want to access our financial expertise and connections. That is their loss.

I'm just surprised that anyone still pays them any heed at all.
The rest of the world dont JBR, only our manipulative media give
them type space?
And most of our establishment of course !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 11:14 AM

Hi

Get Real.

We have refused to give commitment to exiting Rules.

We will pay for this

There are many who will, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong for Starters,

Japan ia already in the loop.

This is going to cost us far more than we pay to the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Get Real.

We have refused to give commitment to exiting Rules.

We will pay for this

There are many who will, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong for Starters,

Japan ia already in the loop.

This is going to cost us far more than we pay to the EU.

Why would we want to be bound to the rules of the EU ?

You know that access to UK financial services is not part of any trade deal and there is a very good reason why countries (outside the EU as well) have a base here in London.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why would we want to be bound to the rules of the EU ?

You know that access to UK financial services is not part of any trade deal and there is a very good reason why countries (outside the EU as well) have a base here in London.
Hear hear.

As far as I'm concerned I am sick and tired of the EU's demanding and threatening.

I really don't care of any supposed consequences. I just want us to leave the EU at the end of December, as agreed, and if they want to demand even more money from us, we should tell them to get stuffed in no uncertain terms.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.

As far as I'm concerned I am sick and tired of the EU's demanding and threatening.

I really don't care of any supposed consequences. I just want us to leave the EU at the end of December, as agreed, and if they want to demand even more money from us, we should tell them to get stuffed in no uncertain terms.
Jbr, relax! You are out of the EU for over half a year. You are free! Now you can do the numerous things you couldn't while you were in the EU, rejoice!

The present negotiations are at the UK's behest, you can walk away anytime!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 10:37 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...d-Frost-latest

A Home Office spokesman said: “The Dublin III Regulation is inflexible, rigid and is abused by both migrants and activist lawyers to frustrate the returns of those who have no right to be here.

“Whilst we are bound by Dublin for the duration of the Transition Period, the UK will be able to negotiate its own bilateral returns arrangements from the end of this year.”
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Sure. While Johnson has complained about the difficulty of returning asylum seekers to the EU, European nations are unsympathetic to a country on the north-western fringes that receives relatively few asylum applications.
In 2019, Germany registered 142,450 applications for asylum, France 119,915 and Greece 74,905, according to the European Asylum Support Office. The UK recorded 44,250 asylum requests.

While the UK could strike a new bilateral agreement with France, one former EU lawmaker was sceptical about mini-deals with other EU countries. “It’s a non-runner,” said*Claude Moraes, a British former MEP who has co-drafted EU asylum law and chaired the parliament’s justice and home affairs committee. “They [the EU] are very sensitive to the UK cherry-picking justice and home affairs policy.”

And remind me, wasn't brexit all about taking back control of the UK's borders? And now all your politicians are saying they need france, the EU, bilateral arrangements to control the border. Was brexit the most superfluous operation in this regard?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Sure. While Johnson has complained about the difficulty of returning asylum seekers to the EU, European nations are unsympathetic to a country on the north-western fringes that receives relatively few asylum applications.
In 2019, Germany registered 142,450 applications for asylum, France 119,915 and Greece 74,905, according to the European Asylum Support Office. The UK recorded 44,250 asylum requests.

While the UK could strike a new bilateral agreement with France, one former EU lawmaker was sceptical about mini-deals with other EU countries. “It’s a non-runner,” said*Claude Moraes, a British former MEP who has co-drafted EU asylum law and chaired the parliament’s justice and home affairs committee. “They [the EU] are very sensitive to the UK cherry-picking justice and home affairs policy.”

And remind me, wasn't brexit all about taking back control of the UK's borders? And now all your politicians are saying they need france, the EU, bilateral arrangements to control the border. Was brexit the most superfluous operation in this regard?

We are still bound by the withdrawal treaty and until then we have to abide by the catastrophe that the idiots in Brussels and Germany created.

If the EU followed their own rules the UK wouldn't be having this problem and considering we even pay France 300 million a year to help them with this problem it just proves what an utter failure the EU Project is.

Perhaps the 27 should follow the UK example and honor their treaty commitments like we are.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 10:09 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...michel-barnier

Last night.

The seventh round of negotiations broke up last night with very little progress made in the effort to secure a deal by the end of next month.

Not surprising.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top