Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 02:34 PM

Re: Rancid wheelie bin

We have a waste bn in the kitchen with a plastic bag inside. When full the bag gets the top knotted up and then into the wheelie bin
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We have a waste bin in the kitchen with a plastic bag inside. When full the bag gets the top knotted up and then into the wheelie bin
Ditto.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 06:21 PM

Like Dexterous we have to put our food waste (including cooked waste) in with the garden waste (green bin). We are not allowed to put any plastic items in it. The blue bin is for cardboard and plastic and the black one is for stuff which would go into landfill, (which hardly ever gets filled). We have a separate small bin for bottles, glass and tins. We did get a food waste caddy to use in the kitchen, but it was useless and I bought my own. It seemed a bit complicated at first, but we have got used to it now, although I am still not sure about the plastic waste which is not re-cyclable and it goes in the blue bin with the rest. Newspaper is also kept separate and it gets tied up and put on top of the bottle bin.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 07:47 PM

Our green bin is for garden waste & food waste. We do put the food waste into the green sacks in the caddy bin in the kitchen, then those get transfered to the green bin. Son is in charge of waste & he washes out the green bin every time its emptied. The black bin, as others have, said gets rubbish put in it in waste sacks. Unfortunately they only empty the green bin & take the recycle sacks one week & the ordinary waste bin the next week, so we have to remember which bin goes which week.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Our green wheeliebin (for food and garden waste) smells particularly rancid. Have tried bleach, karcher jetwash and also jeyes fluid, but to no avail.

Have any of you had the same issue and/or got any advice?
I rinse mine out with a bit of bleach and water every time its emptied then leave the lid open fresh air is a great resolver of smells.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top