Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 11:06 AM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

The thought of having alien material pumped into my body or the basis that it MIGHT prevent something is horrible.

The risk of that material (liquid) which may be already contaminated, as I guess they don't test every sample , is far higher than what it is supposed to prevent.

If it was to save a life then that is a different matter as well I know

A human body builds up its own antibodies to prevent the body from getting a lot of illnesses and the flu jab takes that that prevention away .

Just ask your Dr how long it lasts for and you will not get a definate time because they can't. May only work for a couple of days or a few months.

FLU jabs ? steer well clear. I would want to know a hell of a lot more first
Such as =
when was the vaccine made
Is it near the use by date or past it already
what is the "life spam" of the vaccine
how long does it work for in a human body
What checks have been made on that particular batch
How many times has it been handled
How secure was it stored to prevent contamination
What reaction may some bodied have to it
would mine react badly
Does blood type make a difference
would previous illnesses cause concern that it might not work
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The thought of having alien material pumped into my body or the basis that it MIGHT prevent something is horrible.

The risk of that material (liquid) which may be already contaminated, as I guess they don't test every sample , is far higher than what it is supposed to prevent.

If it was to save a life then that is a different matter as well I know

A human body builds up its own antibodies to prevent the body from getting a lot of illnesses and the flu jab takes that that prevention away .

Just ask your Dr how long it lasts for and you will not get a definate time because they can't. May only work for a couple of days or a few months.

FLU jabs ? steer well clear. I would want to know a hell of a lot more first
Such as =
when was the vaccine made
what is the "life spam" of the vaccine
how long does it work for in a human body
What checks have been made on that particular batch
How many times has it been handled
How secure was it stored to prevent contamination
What reaction may some bodied have to it
would mine react badly
Does blood type make a difference
would previous illnesses cause concern that it might not work
I have taken the flu jab in the past but i'm always unsure whether or not I'm doing the right thing, there are so many conflicting arguments, just like this damn Covid-19, the conspiracy theorists are making me confused
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have taken the flu jab in the past but i'm always unsure whether or not I'm doing the right thing, there are so many conflicting arguments, just like this damn Covid-19, the conspiracy theorists are making me confused
I have had the flu jab every year since they began. I have never had the flu ,or any adverse reactions to the jab..... but as a diabetic catching flu could kill me.
If you have any concerns speak to your doctor, because a flu pandemic could cause as many deaths as Covid 19 !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 12:42 PM

I have been having a flu jab since my early 50s when I was caring for my Dad. My doctor suggested it to ensure I didn't get flu and couldn't visit Dad every day. No bad effects and no flu since - I had 2 episodes of flu before that and it was so bad I wouldn't want to experience it again.

I would never refuse the jab.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 12:56 PM

A virus can evolved into different strains, How do Dr's know it work on a new strain of the virus if the vaccine has not been tested against it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am going for a Vaccination on Tuesday and have a long list of 'does and donts' including not arriving early or late .
I have decided to park in town and walk to the Doctors so I can loiter outside the gate and arrive exactly on time and avoid the erratic car parking by elderly patients
Do you go to the same place as me? We are more likely to get run over than catch the virus.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
We have had the same from our surgery Meg - also told to bring an umbrella if it is raining ... I'm so glad they said that I wouldn't have thought of it myself

The surgery my friend attends is doing a drive-through service where they have to stay in the car.
You might catch a cold.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2020, 03:00 PM

A virus can evolved into different strains, How do Dr's know it work on a new strain of the virus if the vaccine has not been tested against it?
Perhaps they get lucky.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 03:05 PM

Nobody is forced to have the Jab realspeed it is personal choice. What I never understand is why people, who don't want it, always try to persuade the rest of us not to.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nobody is forced to have the Jab realspeed it is personal choice. What I never understand is why people, who don't want it, always try to persuade the rest of us not to.
FOMO.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top