Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 01:35 PM

Re: Parliament - Speaker -'Total disregard for this Chamber is not acceptable'

Johnson promises MPs full debate next week on new restrictions

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...08ad1d0ce37289
Dame Cheryl Gillan (Con) asks what the PM says to grandparents who want to live their lives, given his six-month timescale. And she suggests these measures should be debated in parliament first, before being implemented.

Johnson says “parliament should and will debate these issues”. He says there will be a full debate next week.

(He does not say whether MPs will get the chance to vote to change, or abandon, any of the proposals.)
About time .....for BJ to get a hard time .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The Speaker is Furious with Matt Hancock Because Lockdown Changes Were "All Over Twitter" Before Parliament Knew About Them

https://www.politicshome.com/news/ar...avirus-twitter

Drag 'im in, Lindsay; drag 'em all* in .....

* Boris Johnson and other Cabinet ministers.
We are facing a totally chaotic and rapidly changing situation. There is no alternative other than rely on the present management of this even if for no other reason than there is no point in debating what has to be done, is being done, and is based on the best scientific advice.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We are facing a totally chaotic and rapidly changing situation. There is no alternative other than rely on the present management of this even if for no other reason than there is no point in debating what has to be done, is being done, and is based on the best scientific advice.
Sadly, there have always been "Prophets Of Doom" around who seize upon, and magnify, any mistake made in the planning, or running, of any process.

They never highlight any positives.

Look at history, the wartimes broadcasts, etc., there they all are.

The question is, though, does it aver change anyone's thinking?

What would it change it to?

Answers on a postcard. 2nd class stamp!

Keep going Boris!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Sadly, there have always been "Prophets Of Doom" around who seize upon, and magnify, any mistake made in the planning, or running, of any process.
No need to magnify when "Incompetent" Harding is in charge of anything - it always ends in shambles, chaos and disaster (unless it's to do with the Jockey Club and her beloved horse-racing ..... )

BJ's equally shambolic response to the pandemic, with its' stops and starts, turnarounds and defence of his cronies, like Harding, Priti and Cummings, has seen the highest death-rate in Europe, 66,000 excess deaths and the UK's fall to the bottom of the G7 growth table (to mention a few of his achievements) ....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:27 AM

No need to magnify when "Incompetent" Harding is in charge of anything - it always ends in shambles, chaos and disaster (unless it's to do with her beloved horse-racing ..... )
I refer the poster to my previous posting!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-09-2020, 11:39 AM

I refer the poster to my previous posting!

BJ and Harding claim that they never saw the Autumn surge and "Second Wave" coming (presumably they're either stupid or "blinkered") - since I did, correctly, forecast both then I must be a "Prophet Of Doom" .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

24-09-2020, 11:56 AM

BJ and Harding claim that they never saw the Autumn surge and "Second Wave" coming (presumably they're either stupid or "blinkered") - since I did, correctly, forecast both then I must be a "Prophet Of Doom" .....
How would anyone dare to suggest such a thing...?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-09-2020, 11:57 AM

How would anyone dare to suggest such a thing...?
No need to suggest ..... be brave and exclaim .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

24-09-2020, 12:11 PM

No need to suggest ..... be brave and exclaim .....
Did you really mean "exclaim"?
"
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...nglish/exclaim
she suddenly exclaimed. Someone in the audience was heard to exclaim, "He's a bit old to play Romeo !" As we appeared, all muddy and sodden, Mum rushed towards us exclaiming and fussing. "Good grief !", he exclaimed, "It's my old mate Tony !"

Tedc
Berkshire, UK

24-09-2020, 12:23 PM

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/exclaim

Don't be shy .....
I bow to your superior self importance!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top