Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:19 PM

The garden room project (aka The Doghouse)

Rosemary has for a long time wanted a home office/studio in the garden, so this is how it went...

Border cleared and concrete pads laid (with the inspector in attendance)

Materials delivered

Base laid

Rear wall erected

Rear wall boarded, side walls erected

Rosemary supervising from afar..

Front framework and roof timbers erected

More walls boarded and soffits and fascias fixed

Boarding painted, windows installed, EPDM roof covering complete

View down the garden

Roofed in, door fitted, almost there

Final Inspection by Alfie

Renaming by Rosemary, sign courtesy of eldest son and grandaughter.

So that's where we are, waiting another week for the plasterer to arrive so that we can get the internal finishings done.

Until then......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:23 PM

Re: The garden room project (aka The Doghouse)

Super job Barry I am sure you will make good use of it...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:27 PM

Excellent work Barry. Whacking great garden you have too
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:44 PM

Wow - That would make a fantastic craft room! Well done, Barry and Alfie!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:03 PM

A brilliant addition to your garden, Barry! 👍
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:09 PM

Nice to see a project from beginning to end. Bet getting those "pads" level created a few swear words. I do wonder if the cost and effort is worth it agains a summer house type one can buy.
Still making it a DIY project brings its own rewards so well done and looks good
A water butt for the back gutter downpipe will bring a smile to the other half. Nothing like rain water for the plants
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:18 PM

Looks fantastic, Barry. Well done.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Super job Barry I am sure you will make good use of it...
Thanks Meg and yes, I'm certain she will.

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Excellent work Barry. Whacking great garden you have too
Thanks Percy and yes, the garden is a great space and pretty much Rosemary's creation.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wow - That would make a fantastic craft room! Well done, Barry and Alfie!
Thanks Tabby and yes, I really couldn't have done it without Alfie keeping an eye...

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A brilliant addition to your garden, Barry! 👍
Thanks Mags, I'm sure it will be well worth the time and effort.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Nice to see a project from beginning to end. Bet getting those "pads" level created a few swear words. I do wonder if the cost and effort is worth it agains a summer house type one can buy.
Still making it a DIY project brings its own rewards so well done and looks good
One thing I notice is the roof slopes from front to back so hope there is a gutter along the back to protect that fence behind it
In a heavy downpour rain water off a roof can go quite a way, even into next door
Not for a minute did the levels give me any problems as being a professional builder I have spent a lifetime working with levels!
Not everything comes down to money RS, which seems to be a fixation of yours, but to purchase a room of similar quality would probably cost around double our spend, and you can't put a price on the achievement factor!

Your final comment is almost an insult, which I will refrain from replying to in case I say something that I may later regret...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

17-09-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Looks fantastic, Barry. Well done.
Thanks Jan, I must say that we are very pleased with how it's turned out, although it took Rosemary awhile to convince me of the colour scheme..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:41 PM

Barry if you re check I did alter the last section when
I spotted the pipe in the corner roof so I apologise and altered it but you had already copied and pasted the original.
Seems you take easy exceptions on any suggestions albeit posted with good intentions regarding pre made out buildings.

As for money yes it does concern me being an OAP on a limited income as it would anyone else in the same situation. May be different for you, possibly having a job to earn that bit extra

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top