Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 01:19 PM

Re: French Friends across the Water??????

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you mean tight knickers?
You're free to tell about it....
I referred to these aspects https://line.17qq.com/article/wnpsspwky.html
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We gave France our support in the latter conflagration, we gave de Gaulle support and protection in our own country. No sooner was France liberated than he was denying us entry into the Common Market.

Never trust the Frogs.
The brits kept asking to be admitted, and got their request granted. They were allowed to enter the EEC, sign up to the conditions of membership, which had as aims (treaty of rome, 1957):

KEY POINTS

Aims

The aim of the EEC and the common market was to:transform the conditions of trade and production on the territory of its 6 members and
serve as a step towards the closer political unification of Europe.

Specific goals

The signatories agreed to:

lay the foundations of an ‘ever closer union’ among the peoples of Europe;
ensure the economic and social progress of their countries by joint action to eliminate trade and other barriers between them;
improve their citizens’ living and working conditions;
ensure balanced trade and fair competition;
reduce the economic and social differences between the EEC’s various regions;
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Hi

Solasch I think you misunderstand.

The EEC was fine, it was a very beneficial FTA which is what we are are seeking now,

Closer Political Union meant a sharing of common ideals, not France taking over the Common Agricultural Policy for it's own ends or Merkel unilaterally opening the Borders and causing terrorist attacks and abuse of our ladies.

That was inexcusable.

I was a very reluctant Leaver, but convinced that was the only way to go.

As a father, like many others, I had rows with my daughter about the way she dressed at times.

It was however not an invitation to be gang raped or stoned to death as many of those admitted seem to think is their right to do so.

A female with some exposed skin or in a Bikini on a beach is not a lesser being to be abused.

I will not have these people taking over our way of life and Merkel's opening of the Borders has resulted in far far more attacks on females and far more terrorist attacks.

Leaving was sad but absolutely necessary.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EEC was fine, it was a very beneficial FTA which is what we are are seeking now,

Closer Political Union meant a sharing of common ideals, not France taking over the Common Agricultural Policy for it's own ends or Merkel unilaterally opening the Borders and causing terrorist attacks and abuse of our ladies.

That was inexcusable.

As a father, like many others, I had rows with my daughter about the way she dressed at times.

It was however not an invitation to be gang raped or stoned to death as many of those admitted seem to think is their right to do so.

A female with some exposed skin or in a Bikini on a beach is not a lesser being to be abused.

I will not have these people taking over our way of life and Merkel's opening of the Borders has resulted in far far more attacks on females and far more terrorist attacks.

Absolutely 100% agree with you regarding the Common Market. It was the perfect entity for all concerned as far as trade went. It's what followed that rankled with me and caused me to become a fervent Leaver.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-10-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That was inexcusable.

So even in those days the british were meaning to be cherry picking? When you sign a treaty (of rome,) you agree with all the conditions. Not like boris is trying now with the WA.

I do agree with you that moslims are way out of line in trying to impose their cultural "values" on women. But it was notably yourself who pointed out that by exiting the EU you gave up the only way (dublin convention) to turn them over to other members to handle them. Now you are stuck with them from january 2021.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top