Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 12:15 PM

Re: Brussels caves in?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
WTF!! I thought it was so important to do this??
To much talk of getting the so called deal again for my liking !
And no action being taken apparently to set up the issueing of
fishing permits and quota's to fishing companies in both EU and
UK yet?
Things are starting to smell fishy?? (no pun intended).

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
There ain't nothing voters can do about it. BINO what the politicians wanted all along. Brexit we thought we had just an illusion. Do hope I'm wrong 'cause this does not look right.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
There ain't nothing voters can do about it. BINO what the politicians wanted all along. Brexit we thought we had just an illusion. Do hope I'm wrong 'cause this does not look right.
If that turns out to be the case, then the warnings of the Conservatives losing government will come to pass.

The only trouble is that it would be another four years and, as we all know, people tend to forget.
I think it's important that, if we do end up with a BRINO, we keep the matter in people's minds by discussing it regularly in the press and elsewhere.

Certainly, when the time comes, and hopefully if people are still annoyed with being lied to, there will be a distinct possibility of the Brexit Party finding themselves with a large number of MPs. I do hope that people see good sense.

If the unthinkable happens, and we remain under the control of the EU, something which hasn't happened for a thousand years will see the UK cease to exist in its present form.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:00 PM

Pretty certain Boris isn't interested in BRINO - if he was then there wouldn't have been a need for the implementation Bill. Also, if he was, he knows very well it could signal the end of his premiership. Furthermore, the electorate have long memories and the Tories would be wiped out at the next GE if Johnson tried that.

Since these trade talks started I've seen nothing to suggest Johnson will cave in to the EU, in fact the opposite is true and I have a feeling there will be a deal of sorts by years end. As long as we are out of SM/CU, free of any involvement of the ECJ, and we don't end up giving away all our fish* then I'll be happy. Of course it's a negotiation so there will be give and take.

On the other hand if there's no deal then I'm happy with that too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Pretty certain Boris isn't interested in BRINO - if he was then there wouldn't have been a need for the implementation Bill. Also, if he was, he knows very well it could signal the end of his premiership. Furthermore, the electorate have long memories and the Tories would be wiped out at the next GE if Johnson tried that.

Since these trade talks started I've seen nothing to suggest Johnson will cave in to the EU, in fact the opposite is true and I have a feeling there will be a deal of sorts by years end. As long as we are out of SM/CU, free of any involvement of the ECJ, and we don't end up giving away all our fish* then I'll be happy. Of course it's a negotiation so there will be give and take.

I agree, but I cannot feel completely happy with it until we are completely free, as promised.

I, too, feel that a deal is possible and that, if it happens, it will be at the very last minute. The problem with that, of course, is that we can't prepare fully for either WTO or a trade deal with the EU. For that reason, I would have preferred WTO, giving our businesses time now to prepare for it. Last minute decisions are likely to delay our preparedness for the future.

I am also in full agreement that we must stick to our guns and not give away anything, especially fishing rights in our own waters and the right to support our own businesses; two things that the EU would dearly like to take from us in exchange for a free trade deal.

Contrary to what some are saying, I believe that the EU are on the back foot despite their arrogant attitudes. Without our membership and outlandishly large payments, they are certainly going to have financial problems. Following that, there are bound to be unhappy 'member states' who will end up paying more or receiving less. I'm sure at least some of them will decide to follow us to freedom.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->

I agree with all you say Takahashi, and if all that is true, then we
should have no problem with calling for applications to obtain the
new fishing permits and quota's between now and December, and
not wait till the new year? This would also lead to a smoother
transition from eu to uk control !
I know we have published the fisheries bill which deals with the
legal side of transferring control but have seen no sign of setting
up systems for actually issueing new rules and new permits etc??
Maybe l am over suspicious, but we dealing with politicians after
all??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 06:51 PM

Indeed we are DM.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...e-talks-update

Steve Hawkes, a political commentator said discussions of a Kent border could be part of a wider plan to force the EU into signing a deal.

He suggested Boris Johnson is moving towards a Theresa-May style deal, which prompted outrage among Tory Brexiteers last year.

He wrote on Twitter: “I can’t help thinking the Internal Markets Bill, talk of a 'border' in Kent is all cover for the very Theresa May-like Brexit deal Boris will sign, say, at the end of October.”
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:39 AM

Hi

The EU will give us what they want, what suits them, no more, no less.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Indeed we are DM.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...e-talks-update
As long as we have total control over our borders and laws
Swimmy then all else will follow eventually ?
After all, they cant force us to 'trade' with them then can they?
Eventually we willl build up self reliance again and gradually
disentangle ourselves from the spiders web of the eu !!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 11:22 AM

Double post.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

25-09-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU will give us what they want, what suits them, no more, no less.

Of course. And the UK will give the EU exactly what suits the UK. That's why it's called a negotiation.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top