Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:18 PM

Re: EU warns UK of cheap food after brexit!!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Kangaroo flavoured biscuits?
*Shudders*
Would they be worse than Anzac biscuits d'you think?
(You see I've had kangaroo burger - not nice, it wasn't. No amount of sauce helped.)

But I didn't interrupt to say that.
Some posts ago an anti-Brexit dissenter here was trying to suggest that the UK/Japan trade deal would never be ratified.
Fortunately that poster looks to be yet again incorrect in their assertion;
this is from just this morning.

"Japan and Britain hope to formally sign an Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) on Friday, two sources have told Reuters."
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ja...KBN2751CY?il=0

Again, learn to read. Ratification is by japanese parliament. You're confusing it with signing.
Remember boris signed the WA in december 2019? You had to wait for ratification by HoC till 22 january 2020.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Again, learn to read. Ratification is by japanese parliament. You're confusing it with signing.
Remember boris signed the WA in december 2019? You had to wait for ratification by HoC till 22 january 2020.
STOP THE INSULTS!
Learn some manners please.

I did not say that the signing was ratification.
Show me where I said that the link mentions ratification?
I'm showing that it is one step closer.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 02:00 PM

STOP THE INSULTS!
Learn some manners please.

I did not say that the signing was ratification.
Show me where I said that the link mentions ratification?
I'm showing that it is one step closer.
It was a well meant advise.

You stated that I was wrong on japanese parliament not ratifying. To underpin it you quote a line about signing. I pointed out the difference, which proves me right (for now) on still no ratification.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 02:05 PM

It was a well meant advise.

You stated that I was wrong on japanese parliament not ratifying. To underpin it you quote a line about signing. I pointed out the difference, which proves me right (for now) on still no ratification.
You are wrong saying it won't be ratified.
I provided proof that it is heading in the right direction to be ratified.
Nothing more.
If you wish to deliberately misinterpret what is said that is your problem and yours alone.
What I have written is there for all to see - and I did not say that my ling was a deal being ratified.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2020, 02:09 PM

You are wrong saying it won't be ratified.
I provided proof that it is heading in the right direction to be ratified.
Nothing more.
If you wish to deliberately misinterpret what is said that is your problem and yours alone.
What I have written is there for all to see - and I did not say that my ling was a deal being ratified.
You stated I was incorrect.

Some posts ago an anti-Brexit dissenter here was trying to suggest that the UK/Japan trade deal would never be ratified.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 02:14 PM

You stated I was incorrect.
You are - as you will see when the deal is ratified.

Note the wording: "looks to be", not "is" as a definite.
Maybe you've been in the Netherlands too long to have kept up a fine grasp of English?
So to help you out, the former is a possibility and the latter a definite occurrence.
You're welcome.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2020, 02:21 PM

You are - as you will see when the deal is ratified.

Note the wording: "looks to be", not "is" as a definite.
Maybe you've been in the Netherlands too long to have kept up a fine grasp of English?
So to help you out, the former is a possibility and the latter a definite occurrence.
You're welcome.
I came to the netherlands from surinam when I was 8 years old.

But my grasp of english is enough to understand you are one of those unable to admit being in the wrong.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 02:25 PM

I came to the netherlands from surinam when I was 8 years old.

But my grasp of english is enough to understand you are one of those unable to admit being in the wrong.
Not true.
I am more than happy to accept that I am wrong when indeed I am wrong - none of us, myself included, is infallible.
But so far you have not proven me wrong once, whereas I keep proving you wrong.

ETA:
The closest I have been to Surinam would be the Dom Rep, then Mexico.
Do you ever visit?
Surinam - not DomRep or Mexico.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 07:07 PM

Not true.
I am more than happy to accept that I am wrong when indeed I am wrong - none of us, myself included, is infallible.
But so far you have not proven me wrong once, whereas I keep proving you wrong.

ETA:
The closest I have been to Surinam would be the Dom Rep, then Mexico.
Do you ever visit?
Surinam - not DomRep or Mexico.
He should be concentrating on his German and practising that funny walk with clogs on
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
He should be concentrating on his German and practising that funny walk with clogs on
Mein Deutsch ist nicht schlecht, y mi español tampoco, ni mon français maar mijn Nederlands is erg roestig.

[ My German isn't bad, my Spanish either, nor my French but my Dutch is rusty ]

Over these past few years especially and with my memory seeming to get worse as I get older (but I'm not even 60 yet!) I've probably forgotten more German, Spanish & French than I've retained and Dutch was never my strongest (but not too bad because of Afrikaans in my younger years).

Now my son is at secondary school I'm enjoying helping him with his Spanish studies and I had a great time in hospital surprising two Spanish nurses!

I once had a great time at a friend's wedding in Germany (a REME bod ) sitting at a huge table interpreting between English, French, German and Italian for the relatives of both him and his German bride.
What was unusual is that I don't really speak Italian, but it seems that Latin still has so many similarities so it somehow worked.

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top