Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 01:27 PM

Birthday Honours List

The date for the publication of the delayed Birthday Honours List has been given as Saturday 10 October.

This is the list that BoJo delayed to get people involved in fighting Covid-19 recognised. Should be an interesting list and I hope it includes many front line staff as well as the usual 'brains' behind the work.

"Doctors, nurses, fundraisers and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the UK’s coronavirus response will be recognised in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list on Saturday “

As for me, I shun all publicity allowing my good deads to go unnoticed by the masses, I seek not baubles but the joy in the knowledge I am doing my little bit to make this forum a better place.

Who would you like to see get an award?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Re: Birthday Honours List

I read Mary Berry is to be made a Dame.

Who do l think should get one? Someone who is truly deserving.....but never David Beckham... never ever. Or, Lineker.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The date for the publication of the delayed Birthday Honours List has been given as Saturday 10 October.

This is the list that BoJo delayed to get people involved in fighting Covid-19 recognised. Should be an interesting list and I hope it includes many front line staff as well as the usual 'brains' behind the work.

"Doctors, nurses, fundraisers and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the UK’s coronavirus response will be recognised in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list on Saturday “

As for me, I shun all publicity allowing my good deads to go unnoticed by the masses, I seek not baubles but the joy in the knowledge I am doing my little bit to make this forum a better place.

Who would you like to see get an award?
Those who have looked after Boris, and various other celebs, will be at the top of the list - for Boris.

I feel sorry for the every day, hard working, staff who don't work in the upmarket places.

I'm of a very nasty frame of mind about my local Doctor Practice, who ill people can't get anywhere near, so I wouldn't be recommending any of them.

Long gone are the days, when I was youngster up in Yorkshire, when the Doctor would brave any conditions to get to your house - and would bring a plucked chicken, with him, for the poor and needy.(Some farmers paid for the Doctor with their produce).

As for Civil Servants - NO!

Police & Rescue - Yes!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:30 PM

The whole honours system is a load of rubbish and should have been abolished many years ago.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Vlad, Your good deeds haven’t gone unnoticed with me so l would like to award you the CDM.....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	29D3BA24-573B-4B95-9AFC-A66FF491EBEF.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	13837  
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Vlad, Your good deeds haven’t gone unnoticed with me so l would like to award you the CDM.....
Thank you, thank you, CDM ? Is that Cadbury’s Dairy Milk?
It will look nice next to my VD and Scar, awarded for services to Ladies of the Nights and my WC and Chain.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Thank you, thank you, CDM ? Is that Cadbury’s Dairy Milk?
It will look nice next to my VD and Scar, awarded for services to Ladies of the Nights and my WC and Chain.
You've got one of those as well?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read Mary Berry is to be made a Dame.

Who do l think should get one? Someone who is truly deserving.....but never David Beckham... never ever. Or, Lineker.
Dame Mary Berry? Help ma boab - she's insufferable enough as it is.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

05-10-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
You've got one of those as well?
A little joke.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The whole honours system is a load of rubbish and should have been abolished many years ago.
Nah!

Titles are better than money, for some!

Look at how many Company "Directors" there are compared with the old "Manager" or "Foreman" titles. Some of them only have two people working for them!

No pay rise necessary!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top