Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 03:50 PM

Re: Covid A New Approach

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yikes! When ever I hear the word 'Prefab' it makes me think of the old asbestos prefabs!

This subject was mentioned a few weeks back.
I can't remember who's thread it was now, but someone asked what's the point of the Nightingale hospitals.
I remember replying at the time - "To keep Covid patients away from the main hospitals, I'd have thought!"
Why they are talking like this now, instead of 6 months ago, is beyond me.
It seems to be a national passtime to chew the cud, Mups??
I blame internet and smart phones !!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 03:50 PM

Longdogs wrote:

I appreciate that Swim, but look how many doctors & nursing staff have died! If we put them into hospitals that only have Covid patients & then let them go home, how can we be sure they are not carrying the virus to their families & any travel they use.

If we are expected to believe that a few British people have spread this virus, unknowingly, to so many people then the only answer is to test everybody before they mix with others.

I appreciate that it may seem unfair to isolate the staff, but if you view it that way, maybe it was unfair to send young soldiers out to fight world wars, in the hope they would save many lives in Britain. Covid may not be as bad as the world wars, but it seems we are going to have it for some time, so we either have enforced isolation for all, or isolate the infected & those who look after them.

I have serious doubts about how quickly this virus has infected so many countries, but if it has been passed so easily why has nobody ever had it before? I know some viruses can mutate but if China are innocent of accusations about them creating it, why didn't they immediately isolate the whole area it occurred in? It all seems a bit shady to me![/QUOTE]

My reply to Longdogs.

Totally agree, and I said the same a while back.
It was China who should have been isolated from day 1.
No one allowed to leave or enter, but no, people carried on travelling and flying from country to country regardless.
Then ex-pats were all shipped home from various places, bringing in even more contamination risk.

Meanwhile, China has got away scott-free with it.
In fact, in some ways they have probably profitted, because they have been churning out masks and equipment at super speed and flogging it to everyone else.
I wouldn't be surprised if they ' just happen' to be first to come up with a vaccine to flog, either.

I don't think Boris can possibly stop this virus now, and not just because it is Boris, I don't think anybody else can, no matter who was in power.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A radical new approach

https://news.sky.com/story/scientist...rking-12096597

Certainly different and we could use our unused Nightingale Hospitals for Corona Patients and get the NHS back to normal quicker.

What do you think?
This has been my view all along and the quicker that ruddy Chinese Plague has run its course, the quicker life can return to normal, BUT hopefully without any Chinese products on the British market, because they allowed their virus to escape from their borders to infect the rest of the world and that I am unable to forgive.
Oh yes and before anyone asks about catching it, yes my wife and I were swiped by it end Feb into March and we are still here. Unable to get antibody tested by NHS so we paid privately and both of us have plenty of the little blighters which should fend off any future attacks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It seems to be a national passtime to chew the cud, Mups??
I blame internet and smart phones !!

Donkeyman! 😇😇

I'm not ruminating at all Donkeyman.
Asbestos is in my forethoughts because my friend's husband died because of it, and now another friend's son has been diagnosed with asbestos related cancer, too.
So I am well aware of how dangerous it is/was.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 03:56 PM

I appreciate that Swim, but look how many doctors & nursing staff have died! If we put them into hospitals that only have Covid patients & then let them go home, how can we be sure they are not carrying the virus to their families & any travel they use.

If we are expected to believe that a few British people have spread this virus, unknowingly, to so many people then the only answer is to test everybody before they mix with others.

I appreciate that it may seem unfair to isolate the staff, but if you view it that way, maybe it was unfair to send young soldiers out to fight world wars, in the hope they would save many lives in Britain. Covid may not be as bad as the world wars, but it seems we are going to have it for some time, so we either have enforced isolation for all, or isolate the infected & those who look after them.

I have serious doubts about how quickly this virus has infected so many countries, but if it has been passed so easily why has nobody ever had it before? I know some viruses can mutate but if China are innocent of accusations about them creating it, why didn't they immediately isolate the whole area it occurred in? It all seems a bit shady to me!

Totally agree, and said the same a while back.
It was China who should have been isolated from day 1. !!
No one allowed to leave or enter, but no, people carried on travelling and flying from country to country regardless.
Then ex-pats were all shipped home from various places, bringing in even more contamination risk.

Meanwhile, China has got away scott-free with it.
In fact, in some ways they have probably profitted, because they have been churning out masks and equipment at super speed and flogging it to everyone else.
I wouldn't be surprised if they ' just happen' to be first to come up with a vaccine to flog, either.

I don't think Boris can possibly stop this virus now, and not just because it is Boris, I don't think anybody else can, no matter who was in power.[/QUOTE]
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-10-2020, 04:17 PM

I had better drop out of this thead, there is something wrong with my connection at the mo, and I am spoiling it for everyone else - sorry.

If possible Mods, please can you remove all my rubbish on here? I have taken up half the thread with errors. Thank you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 05:04 PM

I had better drop out of this thead, there is something wrong with my connection at the mo, and I am spoiling it for everyone else - sorry.

If possible Mods, please can you remove all my rubbish on here? I have taken up half the thread with errors. Thank you.
Don't worry Mups, it doesn't matter who said what because we still can all read it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 06:42 PM

Hi

I do not subscribe to the view that this is a manufactured virus which has been released.

It simply does not meet the Criteria for a biological weapon.

This is simply not the purpose of Biological Weapons, they are targeted at the young and fit who can fight back.

Wuhan is a Level 4 Lab, which means that everyone spies on it.

The same as everyone spies on Porton Down.

We spy on Level 4 labs, that is how we managed to control Novichok.

We have defences against them.

It targets the elderly and those with existing health conditions.

It has hurt China far more than it has hurt the Western World, even with the Chinese ability to enforce lockdown by welding people into their own homes

We are where we are are.

It is out and about, we need to deal with it on that basis, not a blame game.

Ebola was a natural disaster, Covid is the same.

There are far nastier things out there which have never been released.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 06:48 PM

If they do that then

1. all the pain we have gone through will have been wasted
2. they are ignoring the risk of "long covid". Yet another report on tv today showing young people previously very fit and healthy reduced to such a state of fatigue that they can hardly self care never mind go back to normal. This is after "mild" infections.
3. what about the vaccine? It's only a couple of months away and should enable everyone to go back to normal.
4. why do scientists assume that the old or vulnerable and young do not mix? This is a ridiculous assumption.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not subscribe to the view that this is a manufactured virus which has been released.

It simply does not meet the Criteria for a biological weapon.

This is simply not the purpose of Biological Weapons, they are targeted at the young and fit who can fight back.

Wuhan is a Level 4 Lab, which means that everyone spies on it.

The same as everyone spies on Porton Down.

We spy on Level 4 labs, that is how we managed to control Novichok.

We have defences against them.

It targets the elderly and those with existing health conditions.

It has hurt China far more than it has hurt the Western World, even with the Chinese ability to enforce lockdown by welding people into their own homes

We are where we are are.

It is out and about, we need to deal with it on that basis, not a blame game.

Ebola was a natural disaster, Covid is the same.

There are far nastier things out there which have never been released.
Well true but it could have been WIP and it escaped while they were researching ways to make it more effective. Not that I am saying it is but I'm open minded as to the source. Doesn't help us a jot now whether it's natural or man made.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top