Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:50 AM

Re: Cataracts advice please

Cataract surgery is nothing new:
https://www.gresham.ac.uk/lectures-a...taract-surgery

The Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, where I had mine done, has been doing it since the mid-1800s, although until about 1950 when replacement lenses were developed, patients had to wear thick 'pebble' glasses once their lens had been removed.

It's now a very common and very safe procedure.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 01:06 PM

I had cataract replacement in my right eye about 3 years ago, I had drops in my eye to numb it ,twice before being wheeled to theatre, a clip held my eye open ,and my face was covered. before the surgeon started I was told that if I needed to cough or sneeze, I had to shout STOP....she made a small incision on my eye, and the old lens was sucked out the new lens was inserted , while all this was going on she was still putting drops in my eye..It took about 15 minutes, and I never felt a thing, had a cuppa and a biscuit afterwards, eye patch on , and home with eye drops. what a difference it made, all the grey mist was gone, so don't be afraid....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I had cataract replacement in my right eye about 3 years ago, I had drops in my eye to numb it ,twice before being wheeled to theatre, a clip held my eye open ,and my face was covered. before the surgeon started I was told that if I needed to cough or sneeze, I had to shout STOP....she made a small incision on my eye, and the old lens was sucked out the new lens was inserted , while all this was going on she was still putting drops in my eye..It took about 15 minutes, and I never felt a thing, had a cuppa and a biscuit afterwards, eye patch on , and home with eye drops. what a difference it made, all the grey mist was gone, so don't be afraid....
Exactly my experience, with one exception.

I wasn't given a cup of tea and a biscuit. Tight-fisted sods.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 04:51 PM

Update.

I went to opticians and I will be referred next year as at this time it's not distorting my vision. They said I'll prob wait up to a year to be seen so approx two years from now . I've also bought prescription sunglasses as best to keep sunlight out of eyes as this encourages quicker growth .

Thankyou all very much for your help and advice . I'm no longer afraid of the OP.

Your a kind bunch on here

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
That sounds about as easy as donating a pint of the red stuff if you don't mind me saying that.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top