Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 03:04 PM

Re: beaks

Wonderful photos, Realspeed. My favorite is the toucan beak, marked in rhythm to his body. Nature is remarkable.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes dOOd. Thank you.
It's only because I am interested in the subject, more than the photographic skills I suppose. If I had no interest, it wouldn't matter.

I always remember dear old Nom who was very knowledgeable about all sorts of birds, and he always used to say what he was photographing. I think Gasman does as well, when he contributes.
Perhaps it is because some people are interested in angles and shots and lighting etc, and some are more interested in the species itself, like Nom was a 'bird man.' do you think?

Sorry if I sound difficult, it was only a suggestion.
I would just love to know what some of these striking looking birds are, that's all.

I have noticed many put interesting photo's up of impressive buildings etc, but never say what they are, or even what country they were in.
I'd best pipe down.

There are lots of wildlife photographers around nowadays with some powerful equipment. Twenty or more years ago they would have been just watchers with binocular ...
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 05:19 PM

Corvus Corvus- my Nemesis!
Supposedly the crow is very intelligent but that does not stop it attacking its own reflection in my dining room windows as it thinks the reflection is a rival. Imagine somebody banging on your windows at 5am and also attacking the wooden window frame and shredding it. Hmm lovely creature.

I found that the only way to stop it is to stick clingfilm on the window to break up the reflection- but then it moves to a different window. Move house or the shotgun?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 12:25 PM

Goodness Toners, what a pain he's being!

Is that his 'Wanted - Dead or Alive' picture?
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Goodness Toners, what a pain he's being!

Is that his 'Wanted - Dead or Alive' picture?
Yes I think so! Very territorial and aggressive . I have seen the pair attacking and driving off buzzards who can be 4 times the size. Quite a sight- like 2 spitfires aerial dogfighting a heavy bomber.
Perhaps I could try sticking some of the raptor photos to the windows but I don't think that would work for more than a day. Corvus is too intelligent to react to something not moving.
A bill to replace the window frames is hefty- armour plated next? Anyone got a peregrine falcon I can borrow?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Yes I think so! Very territorial and aggressive . I have seen the pair attacking and driving off buzzards who can be 4 times the size. Quite a sight- like 2 spitfires aerial dogfighting a heavy bomber.
Perhaps I could try sticking some of the raptor photos to the windows but I don't think that would work for more than a day. Corvus is too intelligent to react to something not moving.
A bill to replace the window frames is hefty- armour plated next? Anyone got a peregrine falcon I can borrow?

Got a catapult?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top