Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 11:52 AM

Boris has Blown it!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...Barnier-update

BORIS JOHNSON, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 11:59 AM

Re: Boris has Blown it!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...Barnier-update

BORIS JOHNSON, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!
Seriously? You expected this man to lead you to a brave new world?

Really?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:08 PM

That link is a June report SG, is that the one you intended posting?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:14 PM

Oops! Thanks Mags. Herewith correct one...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...Johnson-latest
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:16 PM

No problem SG
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:38 PM

Looks like he has moved his deadline to Friday, not Wednesday when the outcome of the EU leaders summit is clearer.

I also heard he will walk away on Friday if no deal can be made - this will come from the leaders of the 27 at the EU Summit, rather than it being Boris' decision.

If I'm right, its a smart move by the UK to back the 27 into a corner like this.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:47 PM

Expect him to be an ex-PM soon.

But we will have no say on who replaces him, chancellor is favourite.

Tory party just waiting for the right time to dump Boris.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Expect him to be an ex-PM soon.

But we will have no say on who replaces him, chancellor is favourite.

Tory party just waiting for the right time to dump Boris.

A few weeks ago I would agree with you but I think recently he has been much more the bombastic Boris we saw at the beginning of his premiership. Watching him tear Starmer apart in the HoC today during PMQs was just like back in January / February. Maybe its taken him a while to get over his hospitalisation, I think he could be forgiven if this is the case, but I'll hold out for another few weeks to see what happens.

Ian Duncan Smith would be a brilliant appointment to the front benches too give him some more support and a strong minister to shore up the Brexit cabinet ... I live in hope....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-10-2020, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Looks like he has moved his deadline to Friday, not Wednesday when the outcome of the EU leaders summit is clearer.

I also heard he will walk away on Friday if no deal can be made - this will come from the leaders of the 27 at the EU Summit, rather than it being Boris' decision.

If I'm right, its a smart move by the UK to back the 27 into a corner like this.
Hi Bread, we will see. I hope you are correct as I have all but given up on him, as I am sure most of the Red Wall voters who expected him to grow a set and stick to his word that tomorrow was the deadline! But no, once again, he has kicked his deadline into the long grass. Getting mightily sick to death of it. I would personally prefer him to keep his big mouth shut and stop giving deadlines that the nation waitS to be implemented, only to yet again make us all angry when it looks that once again he is doing a Theresa May and making the UK look weak.
Perhaps he does have a plan, HE BETTER HAD!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 01:17 PM

Hi Bread, we will see. I hope you are correct as I have all but given up on him, as I am sure most of the Red Wall voters who expected him to grow a set and stick to his word that tomorrow was the deadline! But no, once again, he has kicked his deadline into the long grass. Getting mightily sick to death of it. I would personally prefer him to keep his big mouth shut and stop giving deadlines that the nation waitS to be implemented, only to yet again make us all angry when it looks that once again he is doing a Theresa May and making the UK look weak.
Perhaps he does have a plan, HE BETTER HAD!
Hi

Every time he moves the deadline he does make us look weak.

It only encourages the EU.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top