Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 02:27 PM

Re: Boris has Blown it!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Do you think we will get to hear what they spoke about Bread??
I dont!!
It will all be private ! Can you tell me if Frosty will be present or not??
If it was Frosty meeting with Von Leyen then l would have no qualms,
but this is Boris we are talking about?? Imo, Boris should be
accompanied everywhere he goes!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
If its a deal then yes if it isn't a deal we won't, all we will get is the media going into melt-down and trying to get us to stay in the EU by printing any old nonesense.

Funnily enough, the Fishing for Leave forums and Facebook pages are full of support for no-deal now, way more than ever before.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The tories know that any fudge on Brexit and the red wall will never vote for them again - neither will any constituency outside of London.

Sure, I'm a member of the Conservative party, have been for many years (and a brief association with the Brexit Party) but, when it comes to Brexit I think the best chance is a conservative government with an 80 seat majority - Labour would give in to Metropolitan London and May would have given in altogether. I'm still backing Boris until Boris does something that betrays they Brexit vote - and by that I mean I won't put all my faith in what's reported in the press.

I'll wait and see what goes through Parliament.

In an indication of the new opening, Barnier told MEPs on Tuesday that Downing Street needed to offer Scottish fishermen an opportunity to develop fisheries in their own waters, in light of the growing independence sentiment in Scotland.

The EU leaders will discuss the latest developments with Barnier on Thursday afternoon. According to a draft summit statement seen by the Guardian, the heads of state and government will ask Barnier to further “intensify” the negotiations.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 02:38 PM

Do you think we will get to hear what they spoke about Bread??
I dont!!
It will all be private ! Can you tell me if Frosty will be present or not??
If it was Frosty meeting with Von Leyen then l would have no qualms,
but this is Boris we are talking about?? Imo, Boris should be
accompanied everywhere he goes!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Do agree with you. No wonder VDL and the European Council want Boris to take over negotiations. I bet they do!! Frosty is a seasoned trade negotiator and will stand no nonsense from the EU, but they know Boris too well and probably summise he is much weaker with the hope they can manipulate him as they did with first Cameron, followed by May.
Please God, don't allow Boris to be ever more than 1 metre away from Frosty during the negotiations until they are over..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If there is a chance of a deal, Boris has to keep negotiations going - he can't do much else no matter what he (or anyone else) says. The EU are the same - they said they wouldn't change the withdrawal agreement etc but they did just that remember - and they agreed to 3 extensions as well.

The constant wind-up is all part of the negotiations, if Boris walks away everyone will blame him for a no deal Brexit, so it looks like (to me anyway) he has switched it to put the decision back on the EU when there is the leader summit 15th October. If they come back and say no deal, then he is off the hook and can do what's best for the UK by tearing up the WA and walking away.

But for the 27, here is the kicker ....

If the EU 27 say a deal can be made (based on what's on the table now) then it would also be ratified in principle, right there and then - it's very clever. There's no going away and ratifying later, it's all or nothing unless they change their mind - which they could never do once they have all agreed as a union.

... oh the pressure !
Hiya Bread

I think you could be right about tomorrow's big shindig in Brussels. It seems to me that the EU27 has been painted very deftly into a corner there.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Hiya Bread

I think you could be right about tomorrow's big shindig in Brussels. It seems to me that the EU27 has been painted very deftly into a corner there.
Good to hear from you Percy I hope all is good with you and yours
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Do agree with you. No wonder VDL and the European Council want Boris to take over negotiations. I bet they do!! Frosty is a seasoned trade negotiator and will stand no nonsense from the EU, but they know Boris too well and probably summise he is much weaker with the hope they can manipulate him as they did with first Cameron, followed by May.
Please God, don't allow Boris to be ever more than 1 metre away from Frosty during the negotiations until they are over..
Just a month ago you were praying to god to let boris take over the negotiations. How quickly boris fell from glory!
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=70303
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The reason for a trade deal to be made is that it is beneficial to both parties. What has boris to offer that is wanted by the EU?
Not even tariff free trade is on offer, as the EU knows the UK is not ready to apply them. Perhaps after 6 months, but even that is uncertain. Can you imagine china's joy at sending shiploads of goods, because as you know, not putting tariffs on EU goods obliges (on the wto rules that farage loves so much) to remove tariffs from other country's imports as well.
They wont be sending them to EU though Solly, only to tiny aUK ??
You have nothing to fear !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-10-2020, 09:58 PM

They wont be sending them to EU though Solly, only to tiny aUK ??
You have nothing to fear !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
That is exactly why the irish protocol is needed donks, to prevent those chinese goods from entering the EU via NI.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 12:01 AM

This, of course, is something that people have been half-expecting for quite a long time now.

Boris is becoming a bit of a joke. Deadline after deadline extended. I'm now beginning to wonder what will happen on 1 January 2021.

Critics have been saying that the Tories will be out of office before too long if he lets us down. Then will come the big decision: will the electorate vote for a Labour-LimpDem alliance or will votes finally go to Nigel Farage.

If the former, the country's had it of course. What a way for it all to end.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-10-2020, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This, of course, is something that people have been half-expecting for quite a long time now.

Boris is becoming a bit of a joke. Deadline after deadline extended. I'm now beginning to wonder what will happen on 1 January 2021.

Critics have been saying that the Tories will be out of office before too long if he lets us down. Then will come the big decision: will the electorate vote for a Labour-LimpDem alliance or will votes finally go to Nigel Farage.

If the former, the country's had it of course. What a way for it all to end.

It was frost telling boris not to walk away

https://uk.reuters.com/article/domes.../idUKKBN2700LZ

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top