Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:23 AM

Re: Nappy Cake

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Very clever Queenie. I'm assuming that the middle part can be eaten but remember social distancing - no huggies.
No, none of it can be eaten, just used, inside the cake there are some bottles of baby lotion and baby shampoo, some wet wipes and nappy cream.

I can't take credit for being my own idea, I copied it but it was fun making it and I really was well chuffed when I'd finished it.

She loves it, she also loved my other gift, I wrote a poem on a lovely background and framed it, the poem was about her leaving and it made her cry bless. Too much party food heeeeelp, somebody stop me! Bang goes me diet lol
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 11:17 AM

An excellent job Bev, and one which will come in useful for your friend (unless she decides to keep it as is).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 11:19 AM

Hi

Edible or not, it is fantastic.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 12:29 PM

Corrr, LQ, that’s impressive. It looks like meringue!!
Don’t worry, l won’t ask to try a slice!!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thanks Todgy disposable, I would have loved to have done a terry cake but the young ones don't want the work that goes with terries these days. Best nappies out were terries, used to love watching my babys brilliant white nappies blowing in the wind
My eldest daughter was born in 1972, I have just disposed of the very last of the nappies we bought at the time of her birth. Talk about longevity ... after our second child had no need for them, they were relegated to wash cloths, window cleaning duties, etc. Very useful things are terry nappies

Excellent cake Lion Queen
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 07:17 PM

Brilliant Bev..... bet she loved it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
No, none of it can be eaten, just used, inside the cake there are some bottles of baby lotion and baby shampoo, some wet wipes and nappy cream.

I can't take credit for being my own idea, I copied it but it was fun making it and I really was well chuffed when I'd finished it.

She loves it, she also loved my other gift, I wrote a poem on a lovely background and framed it, the poem was about her leaving and it made her cry bless. Too much party food heeeeelp, somebody stop me! Bang goes me diet lol
I have just taken another look and I can see more clearly now. Fantastic job. Glad she liked it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top