Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 03:21 PM

Re: Ring Doorbell.

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I've got knockers, too, Foxie (or, two knockers to be more accurate)
Put kettle on Right Now, I'll be over as soon as this covid nonsense clears up.....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The Blink device rings a notification, on my mobile phone, when anyone approaches one of my cameras.

The Blink keeps the recordings until I wipe them off.

I can be miles away, shopping or on holiday, etc, and can still converse with anyone who triggers the camera.

If a delivery man comes, I can tell him where to put the parcel, from wherever I am.

I even have a record of how he handled the parcel - in case of any damage.

About once a month, I delete any recordings not required.

I'm not trying to sell it, but it works fine for me!

Oh! & the one in the garden records all of the visiting animals which jump in for a look around - deer, cats, squirrels, pikeys, etc

You have given me a brilliant idea! I had thought of trying to have a cctv set up for my garden, to keep an eye on the dog, or to check the gate was closed before letting her out. There is a security light (attached to the shed), which she can trigger, and I’d thought of trying an electrician to wire such equipment into the same feed.

But now, a cheap video/audio doorbell would be the better and cheaper solution, and I could even install it myself. I have a wooden pergola/arch from the shed to the fence, which has the honey suckle and rose growing on it, but I wonder if it will take this device. If I attach it to the shed to face the gate, it would be in full force of the sun.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 06:55 PM

Here’s a photo from some months ago.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	856040C5-7F1D-4C90-AB7E-9555CEC3F98B.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	13956  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:49 PM

Do you have to pay some sort of subscription to have this sort of security?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:16 PM

FWIW...........
My next neighbour had several security lights, front and rear.
All stuff good I suppose. But then wondered what really valuables would attract burglars.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes.

I have two Ring floodlight cameras.
I pay a little under £25 a year for each. This is in order for all recordings to be saved to a secure internet site for a 30 day period.

It is not essential to do that, of course, but without that service you can only observe live feeds from the cameras.

Incidentally, I have yet to catch any burglars on them, but on the other hand I have many videos I saved of herons landing next to our fish pond and our little black cat shooting like a black bullet from the cat flap to chase a visiting fox away from her territory. I was impressed by her!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:48 PM

Bet a ring bell will not spot the grim reaper.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 06:49 AM

I have a video entry system and a seven foot gate .. anti social or what
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No contracts required with Blink.

The cameras, etc, hang into your WiFi system and the short camera recordings are sent to your Mobile and/or PC.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bet a ring bell will not spot the grim reaper.
She hasn't managed to cut my grass yet!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top