Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:16 AM

Re: Jealousy

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What gets me is those that are too lazy to make an effort yet jealous of those who worked damn hard for what they have
Good point, RS, we can't do much about others achieving if they got help through Nepotism, physical good looks, or money in the will, but, I think, it does help to look carefully at some of those who "make it on their own" and learn what can be learned from them.

I think progress is often about playing a game.

To get on we need to understand that game.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:08 PM

when I was very young I was a jealous person emotionally where my husband was concerned. I hated it if any woman would flirt with my man and I know it all stemmed from when I was deeply hurt by a boy I really liked, thought I loved him at the time. He cheated on me and I was devastated and that episode left it's mark and my poor husband had to put up with some jealousy in the early days.

I realised I had absolutely nothing to worry about and it was all in my own head, I didn't like being like that and eventually relaxed in my jealous thinking, it wasn't easy though. Sometimes other peoples action can leave you emotionally damaged.

As for people with more money or bigger houses etc, I have no jealousy whatsoever. I don't have a big house, just one big enough for the two of us. I'm very happy with my own lot and if someone feels the need to brag you kinda have to feel sorry for them, the bragging is doing nothing but making people raise their eyes to the ceiling lol.

I'm not materialistic as in big houses etc. I think some might want bigger houses, but why, its just more to clean.

come to think of it, I do have a large garden, are you jealous? hehe
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Me? I've never been jealous but I have been envious on occasions but that's OK.

ENVY, like greed, is good. It motivates people to get or get more.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:57 PM

There is something wrong if someone needs to brag about where they live and what they own..... insecurity or is it to try to make others jealous? I don't think many would be jealous of something like that, more likely they are thinking... so what!

I can't say I have ever been jealous of anyone or anything ... I might use the word jokingly but not to be taken seriously.

I would think it is used more in relationships.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There is something wrong if someone needs to brag about where they live and what they own..... insecurity or is it to try to make others jealous? I don't think many would be jealous of something like that, more likely they are thinking... so what!

I can't say I have ever been jealous of anyone or anything ... I might use the word jokingly but not to be taken seriously.

I would think it is used more in relationships.
I have to disagree, if you have worked damn hard all your life what is wrong with showing what you have achieved?
I am proud of what I /we have got seeing we started off with less than nothing(Sue owed on her car with HP to finish paying off). Just shows nothing is impossible if ones mind is determined enough

is the "have nots" that a jealous of those that "have"
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have to disagree, if you have worked damn hard all your life what is wrong with showing what you have achieved?
I am proud of what I /we have got seeing we started off with less than nothing(Sue owed on her car with HP to finish paying off).

it is the "have nots" that a jealous of those that "have"
I cant agree with your last line speedy, why do you think everyone is jealous of people who has material things? Most people work hard all their lives me and mine included but I still aren't bothered about having a big house and certainly not bothered about a posh car, i actually really like my little red Peugeot , never been into big cars, .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 04:29 PM

What would be the point, of being Rich & Famous, if there were no poor people around to be jealous of you?

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 04:38 PM

I'm jealous of that woman on the "Our Time" adverts on Alibi! She's hooked a lovely looking guy with a beard, called James, he's so sweet!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Me? I've never been jealous but I have been envious on occasions but that's OK.

ENVY, like greed, is good. It motivates people to get or get more.
Why would you want more Todger, if you are content with what you've got?

Perhaps when I was younger, I had ambition, but the older you get, the less you care about what other people think. But I would never knowingly trample on anybody's feelings. It's alright telling it like it is, and speaking your mind, provided you are able to take it as well as give it....

I've never been jealous of other blokes attention of Mrs Fox....If you keep a bird as a pet in a cage, and one day leave the cage door open and it flies away, it was never yours in the first place....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why would you want more Todger, if you are content with what you've got?

Perhaps when I was younger, I had ambition, but the older you get, the less you care about what other people think. But I would never knowingly trample on anybody's feelings. It's alright telling it like it is, and speaking your mind, provided you are able to take it as well as give it....

I've never been jealous of other blokes attention of Mrs Fox....If you keep a bird as a pet in a cage, and one day leave the cage door open and it flies away, it was never yours in the first place....
At this point I've got what I want but earlier in life such was not the case and I went balls out to get what I wanted.

I have never once worried about other people's feelings or whatever when it comes to going after what I want.

Check out my "signature". It's exactly how I approach everything. There's no other way.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top