Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 12:15 AM

Re: Politically correct acting

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When folks no longer have to worry about survival, they start faffing about.
I can just see a Camel reading the News in a few year's time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Remember the black & white minstrels? they were seen as racist.

Yes, that is true.

My dear old Grandad used to love watching them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that is true.

My dear old Grandad used to love watching them.
Mine too. You can only get them in bags now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't agree with you Devo, sorry.
How can a black actress portray a white person - and vice versa in all fairness.

What would you say if that handsome Idris Elba played the Duke of Edingburgh ey?
Or perhaps Whoopi Goldberg played the Queen?

Would that be alright for you as long as " they were up to the role?"
Unfortunately, accusations of 'racism' can only work one way.

I believe the Woke Age began round about the beginning of the millennium. I wonder when things will go back to normal.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 02:11 AM

My wife says that if they ever make a movie about Boris (your PM) He should be played by a large talking Teddy Bear in a school uniform who eats cream buns and channels Winston Churchill. That said I don't care if they have a black, Muslim transexual playing Frank Sinatra backed up by a chorus line of pangolins. We had Mick Jagger playing Ned Kelly in the 1970s . I love the Stones and still want to be one but. Mick Jagger as.Ned Kelly???please. And Spit just nailed it there. Most of us don't have to worry about survival really do we??. Otherwise we wouldn't faffing about on a computer. We'd be out fighting for food for our kids.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 05:01 AM

I'm offended that Henry VIII hasn't been played by a woman with his wives portrayed by men.

OFFENDED!

I won't feel validated as a woman until some woke producer gets on with correcting this injustice.

Now, excuse me while I go get a protest rounded up and finish crying.

We've sure come a long way from the days when a man and woman couldn't be seen feet-off-the-floor in the same bed.

Now everyone's delicate.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 07:36 AM

That's not correct. I heard Lenny Henry (who was the first black minstrel) explained during a TV interview, that the B&W Minstrel show was scrapped because some power-crazed produced wanted that particular time-slot for his own show.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 08:31 AM

What I don't get is why Golliwogs are banned in shops now? How can anyone look at a Golliwog and think it remotely resembles a black person?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-02-2021, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
That's not correct. I heard Lenny Henry (who was the first black minstrel) explained during a TV interview, that the B&W Minstrel show was scrapped because some power-crazed produced wanted that particular time-slot for his own show.
Not the Great Lenny Henry?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What I don't get is why Golliwogs are banned in shops now? How can anyone look at a Golliwog and think it remotely resembles a black person?
Golliwogs are banned - racist associations!

BUT

Gollidolls are not! On sale here - I have a keyfob gollidoll!

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top