Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:17 PM

Re: How old is your heart

Originally Posted by Mups ->
However, I know from seeing this happen in other threads, that it will not end once it starts - it'#s worse than Brexit. Before you know it, it has reached 50 pages of arguing and repeated links to other places to try and prove a point.

It always the same on certain subjects. I want no part of it.
If you don't want any part of it then just don't read the posts, simple really. It's all part of useful debate and discourse, the more information we all have the better our decisions will be. The idea though that you (or anyone else) should seek to close threads and/or otherwise engage in what can only be described as wilful CENSORSHIP, is utterly ludicrous.

Social media, chat boards and forums are about open dialogue. You are always going to find content that you personally don't like to either hear or read. What you have to do is walk away from it or adapt. Either way, the idea of censorship is a wicked thing and not something a popular open forum needs imho. It's like Hitler burning books.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If you don't want any part of it then just don't read the posts, simple really. It's all part of useful debate and discourse, the more information we all have the better our decisions will be. The idea though that you (or anyone else) should seek to close threads and/or otherwise engage in what can only be described as wilful CENSORSHIP, is utterly ludicrous.

Social media, chat boards and forums are about open dialogue. You are always going to find content that you personally don't like to either hear or read. What you have to do is walk away from it or adapt. Either way, the idea of censorship is a wicked thing and not something a popular open forum needs imho. It's like Hitler burning books.

What a drama queen! . . . . "Hitler burning books".

(edited reply).
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:35 PM

Realist, we're going to have to put you in The Hot Seat!!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Realist, we're going to have to put you in The Hot Seat!!!
Yay!!...About time He had a roasting
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Anyone running Google Chrome or similar need not worry about invasion of privacy as they seem to have it all sewn up. If I get ads regarding health treatments my ad blocker will hopefully kick in. We are all doomed anyway.

As for my heart age - 58 real age 55. I can live with that (or not as the case may be) More chocolate for me tonight.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 07:05 PM

It says mine is 46 and I'm 52 but I'm sceptical after all the years of drinking and smoking. Still, I don't do that anymore.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:37 PM

After catching up with this thread ....
I've aged another 10 years.. worried now because I put in my post code, worried about tracking thingies ..... blood pressure rising at the renewed bickering ....

Take pity on me I have the highest heart age on here.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
After catching up with this thread ....
I've aged another 10 years.. worried now because I put in my post code, worried about tracking thingies ..... blood pressure rising at the renewed bickering ....

Take pity on me I have the highest heart age on here.
Same here Morty, I'm just counting down the hours until some young spotty faced hacker empties my bank account.....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:53 PM

Thanks for putting this up Mups. Don't give up lass

I didn't do it TBH, just because I've had it done a couple of times by my GP, both at this surgery and at my last surgery.... simply because they were zooming in because I smoke.
It gave the supposed age my heart would be if I gave up smoking and if I didn't.

I must be dead by now anyway, according to those

To Whom It May Concern.... IF I ever do any of these type of things online, I falsify everything except my gender and age. I ain't daft
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Morty, I'm just counting down the hours until some young spotty faced hacker empties my bank account.....
Bloody awful innit ... You know, I used to think there was life after 50 until I came on this forum.

Ha ..ha ..........
ha ... off to suck me gums and fret over the burden of life's vicissitudes and tragedies..

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top