Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 02:23 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

Hoping you are OK, Val J. Perhaps giving the chemo a rest is a good idea. I certainly wouldn't want another round of it.

R-CHOP plus 2 sessions of methotrexate left me with 3 infections, each requiring intravenous drugs in hospital. I suppose in the bigger picture it will have helped me, though.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Thanks Ffosse, unfortunately I’m not at my best at the moment and my chemo is on hold for a few weeks to allow me to build up my strength. I had an allergic reaction on the second cycle of my first chemo and so they changed it to something more gentle which I am pleased about. Sometimes these things happen for the best! I struggled with the huge tablets I had to take originally, but it’s all intravenous now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 04:21 PM

I had infections prior to and just after my last 2 chemo sessions. I've been about a month free from chemo now and I can't say whether the side effects have worn off. I still get days when I am exhausted.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I had infections prior to and just after my last 2 chemo sessions. I've been about a month free from chemo now and I can't say whether the side effects have worn off. I still get days when I am exhausted.
It’s now three weeks since I last had my chemo as I wasn’t well enough on my last booked session. I’ve had a good few bad days when I had no energy at all, then Monday I felt slightly better, Tuesday (yesterday) I felt great, so I expected to feel a little better each day. So I wonder why I feel rubbish again today!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-08-2018, 03:49 PM

I'm like that - one OK day, the next terrrible.
Val J
East Yorkshire

26-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Not been here for a while but trying to remain positive. Been feeling really poorly. Two stays in hospital and waiting to go in again. Went to see my oncologist and my existing chemo has stopped working. They can put me on chemotherapy tablets but first I have to build myself up. That is so difficult as I feel so weak and I feel as though I am going round in circles. My hubby is being brilliant, I really feel for people trying to cope alone. Ffosse, hope you are feeling a bit better today and Deylon too. Best thoughts for all suffering at the moment. It’s good to talk about it!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Oh Val, I did wonder how you were doing.
So sorry to read this. You of course are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay positive my lovely.
Sweetie x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-09-2018, 09:38 PM

So sorry to hear you are not so well, Val J. You are in my thoughts.
Val J
East Yorkshire

30-09-2018, 05:04 PM

Thanks Sweetie and Ffosse. I’ve just come out of Scarborough Hospital again. Had a permanent stomach drain put in, just hoping it improves my situation a little. I need to build up my strength before I can proceed onto my next chemotherapy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the update Val.
You have been in my thoughts.
I'm glad you are home.
Praying sent that you will gain strength. X

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top