Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Re: District nurses

Well I warned the nurses who came ,that I had 3 medical appointments this week ,If I knew when they were coming I could arrange my other appts around them,but these other appts are also very important & as I dont know when theD.Ns are coming I will keep them
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:34 PM

I’m beginning to have district nurse trouble too. I’ve had a permanent drain attached to my stomach and the nurse was supposed to come and drain it today. She phoned this morning to say it would be tomorrow between 10 am and 4 pm. Apart from having to stay in all day, im getting very uncomfortable with all the build up of fluid. I don’t think there is anywhere locally I can have it done or I would go.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:39 PM

Val if you feel unwell you should call 111. I'm sure they can come and help you.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 07:25 AM

Thanks Annie, it’s not that I’m not feeling well because of the drain, it’s mainly discomfort, hopefully we’ll get a system going when it’s drained more often. I’m told we can learn to do the drain ourselves but it’s early days yet!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:04 AM

Thoughts and prayers sent for both Val and Dylon. X
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Well some good points there AnnieS - perhaps the nurse was a bit disgruntled on the day and over stepped her authority. I personally am no longer aware of their responsibilities re there job and appointments etc - the question and solution seems to hing on whether the district nurse has the right to make this call and whether the patient is pushing the boundaries too much?

The district nursing service is for housebound patients only. If a person is mobile then they are not entitled to a domiciliary visit. The district nurse is perfectly within their rights to tell you this. Please go and look at the district nursing home visit criteria. Your GP practice should have a copy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 03:05 PM

I'm not housebound, but I have to go to the GP surgery for blood tests twice a year.

In addition, I am sent a stool test kit every other year (I think).

Do you think I should ask for home visits, especially for the stool test?
Val J
East Yorkshire

02-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
The district nursing service is for housebound patients only. If a person is mobile then they are not entitled to a domiciliary visit. The district nurse is perfectly within their rights to tell you this. Please go and look at the district nursing home visit criteria. Your GP practice should have a copy.
I’m not particularly bothered about having a home visit from the district nurse as I don’t like having to wait in all day, but the hospital told me that this is the procedure for my stomach drain and don’t know where else it can be done!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I’m not particularly bothered about having a home visit from the district nurse as I don’t like having to wait in all day, but the hospital told me that this is the procedure for my stomach drain and don’t know where else it can be done!
I would imagine it could be done in your GP practice if you are mobile enough to get into the surgery Val. The district nurse also do clinics.
Val J
East Yorkshire

02-10-2018, 08:50 PM

Possibly my gp surgery maybe able to help. At the moment it needs doing every couple of days but hoping it will lessen in time. Hoping to ba able to it ourselves once used to it!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top