Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:00 AM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
The future, and all controlled from somewhere in the US.
Great! A joy to witness them not only stopping the convoy, but also succeeding in killing the lot of the murdering bastards!

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:20 AM

Just read a report that says this drone has been seen more than fifty times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:16 AM

I'm beginning to find it strange no one has recorded pictures of it in an age when every sneeze is caught on camera they haven't got a bit of film of the two drones.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:54 AM

We now have 29 police units, the army, government and one assumes Gatwick's management not having a clue how to resolve this issue.

Now the police are talking of shooting them down though I think this is more, 'we have to show we are doing something' than a plausible solution as you would need to use an automatic weapon to give you any chance of hitting the drone and where would the bullets that missed go.

Another example of the over paid establishment not having a clue when technology stumps them, surely this should have come up at some meeting or other in the last 5/10 years.

I know it is a serious matter but.....

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
where would the bullets that missed go.
As they'd be shooting upwards, they'd go up in the air. Then when they lose kinetic energy they'd fall with little energy, probably no more than a large hailstone.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As they'd be shooting upwards, they'd go up in the air. Then when they lose kinetic energy they'd fall with little energy, probably no more than a large hailstone.
I for one would not like to put the theory to the test.

Edit: From the BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14616491
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-12-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
I for one would not like to put the theory to the test.

Edit: From the BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14616491
Good point.

Although there must be a low chance of a bullet hitting anyone, we could hope that an act of God might direct one to the head of the drone idiot!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 01:20 PM

There is something all wrong about this incident.....
I think we are being 'played' like a Stradivarius!
It's like something from a 'Die Hard' movie where the airport is held to ransom at Christmastime, and all the travelers are being inconvenienced.....I wonder where they got the idea!....And why?

Okay, let's look at the facts.....If you possess a scanner like this one....

It's relatively easy to locate the frequency that the drone is being controlled by....
Crooks were using these scanners to observe someone in a car park locking their car and making a note of the frequency used. By sending a signal on the same frequency they were able to gain access to the vehicle.

It would be even easier to locate the frequency of the drone because the signal would be of greater duration, and probably more powerful than the key fob.
So why haven't the authorities (who have loads more technology at their fingertips) discovered the control frequency of the drone. By doing so, you can take control of the drone if your transmitter is closer or more powerful than the primary one....?

Some drones can be controlled over great distances and use frequencies way outside the range of 'available on the market' drones.
So here is my dilema....

(1) If the drone was so technologically advanced so as not to be detected or disarmed, it would have to be well outside the reach of the spotty faced anorak clad mischief causer....

(2) And I don't believe that our armed forces, police or airport security have not already got in place procedures for dealing with spotty faced, anorak clad drone pilots....What if it had been an act of aggression by terrorists? Have we learnt nothing from 9/11???????.....My opinion?......It's a red herring! and we have taken the bait ,hook, line and sinker.......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 01:24 PM

As I said earlier no footage of it is most perplexing, I am beginning to think it's not a drone at all stopped the airport working.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good point.

Although there must be a low chance of a bullet hitting anyone, we could hope that an act of God might direct one to the head of the drone idiot!
I don't believe there is a drone idiot JB....
But you can bet that they'll find some spotty faced, anorak wearing nob to take the rap......

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top