Join for free
Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 01:25 PM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As I said earlier no footage of it is most perplexing, I am beginning to think it's not a drone at all stopped the airport working.
Now we're getting somewhere.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There is something all wrong about this incident.....
I think we are being 'played' like a Stradivarius!
It's like something from a 'Die Hard' movie where the airport is held to ransom at Christmastime, and all the travelers are being inconvenienced.....I wonder where they got the idea!....And why?

Okay, let's look at the facts.....If you possess a scanner like this one....

It's relatively easy to locate the frequency that the drone is being controlled by....
Crooks were using these scanners to observe someone in a car park locking their car and making a note of the frequency used. By sending a signal on the same frequency they were able to gain access to the vehicle.

It would be even easier to locate the frequency of the drone because the signal would be of greater duration, and probably more powerful than the key fob.
So why haven't the authorities (who have loads more technology at their fingertips) discovered the control frequency of the drone. By doing so, you can take control of the drone if your transmitter is closer or more powerful than the primary one....?

Some drones can be controlled over great distances and use frequencies way outside the range of 'available on the market' drones.
So here is my dilema....

(1) If the drone was so technologically advanced so as not to be detected or disarmed, it would have to be well outside the reach of the spotty faced anorak clad mischief causer....

(2) And I don't believe that our armed forces, police or airport security have not already got in place procedures for dealing with spotty faced, anorak clad drone pilots....What if it had been an act of aggression by terrorists? Have we learnt nothing from 9/11???????.....My opinion?......It's a red herring! and we have taken the bait ,hook, line and sinker.......
You do realise that you will upset our usual theorist but I have to say that you do make some good points Foxy. I think you could be right.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 04:18 PM

They must have something to block the signal or at least a sticky substance that could be shot at it to stop it working.
Perhaps they were letting it fly so they could trace where the signal was coming from.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They must have something to block the signal or at least a sticky substance that could be shot at it to stop it working.
Perhaps they were letting it fly so they could trace where the signal was coming from.
I believed that at first but they let it go on far too long for that to be the case I thought.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:20 PM

They seem to have some directional radio antenna in place now, presumably just waiting for another signal to start up so they can trace the origin.

Good luck to them.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It's more than just kid's as there are many Drones - some which can be controlled from hundreds of miles away (apparently - but how do they get the fuel, etc?)
Originally Posted by Realist ->
That doesn't sound right Ted. RC transmitters don't have that kind of range. The perpetrators will be nearby.
Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
To transmit over large distances reliability would be a problem. Most RC transmitters are 'line of sight' similar to mobile phone coverage. The receiver needed to receive a distant signal would be large. too large to be practical in a small drone. The only exception would be if it was top of the range technology, supplied by some large institution that was capable of funding such a complex project........
Enter the new players:

https://www.dragonblogger.com/4g-dro...rolled-drones/

4G Drones

4G LTE drones have now entered the market. They are the solution to the main problem of having a maximum distance for radio-controlled drones. Drones using a 4G connection are an alternative to radio-controlled drones in eliminating the problem of distance. A drone running on a 4G connection can fly several miles away from the operator or from the controller’s location.

Flight plans are created through the 4G LTE control system by setting the altitude of each flight point on an online map. The control instructions depending on the flight plane are transmitted to the drone during flight through the LTE network.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:43 PM

It is probably being flown from the back of a pickup truck, if it really does exist.
I agree with Julie that it is difficult to understand why no one has filmed it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 07:12 PM

They have closed the Runways AGAIN...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46654797
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Gatwick drones: Airport reopens after latest suspension

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46654797
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:03 PM

The person flying it should be put to death, better for one to die than a plane load of innocent passengers. A stark warning to others who try doing the same thing

Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top