Join for free
Page 29 of 51 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 02:19 PM

Re: Dark Days Ahead...And We Can't Even Vote Ukip!

Well I was too young to vote first time round and felt I had my future squandered so they can join the club on that one. If they failed to vote and had a legal vote they should stop shouting at those who did and feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves for being too late to make their cross.

If we voted again I've heard many remainers say they are so annoyed at how EU are treating us they'd vote out now too.

So no one can guarantee it would be changed at all.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I was too young to vote first time round and felt I had my future squandered so they can join the club on that one. If they failed to vote and had a legal vote they should stop shouting at those who did and feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves for being too late to make their cross.

If we voted again I've heard many remainers say they are so annoyed at how EU are treating us they'd vote out now too.

So no one can guarantee it would be changed at all.
12.900.000 can.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It was mainly young people not turning up (getting out of beds) to vote. They now turn up in marches. Too late they realised their future had been squandered by a bunch of old people who are incapable of relinquishing their dreams of the past.
Is there anyone else out there who's getting tired of these sort of insults?

My children were 28 & 30 on the day of the Referendum, so although they were not teenagers, we might reasonably call them young people
They both voted Leave - and without any influence from myself, as they had both left home by them

Also at the time my daughter had a BA & MA in History (and subsequently gained her PhD). As she put it later -

Everyone has had a go at ruling all of Europe, from the Romans to Napoleon to the Nazis, and it just can't be done. They do not understand, or are unwilling to accept, that the people are different. Any large empire is too unwieldy, and eventually breaks up; think of the Austro Hungarian Empire; Imperial Russia, or the USSR, though you can postpone that with increasingly stricter controls

Yes you can have trading agreements, and yes you can have military alliances, but a central controlling authority just does not work
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:01 PM

I can see plenty of insults heading at those of us who voted to remain so stop crying and live with it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

My children were 28 & 30 on the day of the Referendum, so although they were not teenagers, we might reasonably call them young people
They both voted Leave - and without any influence from myself, as they had both left home by them

Also at the time my daughter had a BA & MA in History (and subsequently gained her PhD). As she put it later -

Everyone has had a go at ruling all of Europe, from the Romans to Napoleon to the Nazis, and it just can't be done. They do not understand, or are unwilling to accept, that the people are different. Any large empire is too unwieldy, and eventually breaks up; think of the Austro Hungarian Empire; Imperial Russia, or the USSR, though you can postpone that with increasingly stricter controls

Yes you can have trading agreements, and yes you can have military alliances, but a central controlling authority just does not work
Mine were younger than yours and voted leave too, I doubt my influence had anything to do with it they vote normally very differently to me.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I can see plenty of insults heading at those of us who voted to remain so stop crying and live with it.
Is that an insult or a plea to help run the country better ? if remainers had stopped after they lost the vote TM may have got us out by now with a better deal. It's because she feels she has you all behind her she can do what she is doing. And the EU see her as weak.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:34 PM

Well I certainly am, but I have a solution.

I simply ignore trolls.

Perhaps they take care not to exceed the forum rules by too much, and so remain free to continue their pathetic insults.

So the best thing we can do is to ignore them, and I encourage others to do the same.

Trolls feed on reactions. Don't feed them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:36 PM

I agree, and have said the same many times.

The EU is destined to fall, as has every previous empire.

We could just wait, but those who remain at the fall will be liable to pay for their mistakes. We must not be one of them.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:53 PM

If your daughter is worth her PhD she knows the EU (and its predecessors )was formed to prevent a repetition of wars within europe. If she is right we are destined to among another and history repeats itself. But the way to prevent repetition is to learn, so the EU was formed. Hasn't she learned that lesson?

Former Yugoslavia proves that differing people are easily set up to fight. Since all parties are members of the EU peace prevails.

But now the UK splits the EU. History may recal brexit as the start of WW 3.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 04:35 PM

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach

Aldous Huxley
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If your daughter is worth her PhD she knows the EU (and its predecessors )was formed to prevent a repetition of wars within europe. If she is right we are destined to among another and history repeats itself. But the way to prevent repetition is to learn, so the EU was formed. Hasn't she learned that lesson?

Former Yugoslavia proves that differing people are easily set up to fight. Since all parties are members of the EU peace prevails.

But now the UK splits the EU. History may recal brexit as the start of WW 3.

Where were the EU member states in the Bosnia conflict ?

Page 29 of 51 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top