Join for free
Page 30 of 51 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:12 PM

Re: Dark Days Ahead...And We Can't Even Vote Ukip!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I was too young to vote first time round and felt I had my future squandered so they can join the club on that one. If they failed to vote and had a legal vote they should stop shouting at those who did and feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves for being too late to make their cross.

If we voted again I've heard many remainers say they are so annoyed at how EU are treating us they'd vote out now too.

So no one can guarantee it would be changed at all.
Hi

An oft repeated claim.

We set the rules, not the EU.

On declaring Article 50 we said, No Single Market, No Customs Area, No ECJ.

The UK Ruled out a Norway and Switzerland Deal.

That left a simple WTO Free Trade Deal.

The UK also said we want a Canada +++ Deal.

We also said No Deal is better than a bad deal.

The EU said no to Canada +++, not in their interests.

The only people playing up are the Irish.

We could have been leaving in 100 days without paying £18 Billion for a Transition period, trading Tariff Free with the EU and we turned that down.

We are the stupid ones.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

An oft repeated claim.

We set the rules, not the EU.

On declaring Article 50 we said, No Single Market, No Customs Area, No ECJ.

The UK Ruled out a Norway and Switzerland Deal.

That left a simple WTO Free Trade Deal.

The UK also said we want a Canada +++ Deal.

We also said No Deal is better than a bad deal.

The EU said no to Canada +++, not in their interests.

The only people playing up are the Irish.

We could have been leaving in 100 days without paying £18 Billion for a Transition period, trading Tariff Free with the EU and we turned that down.

We are the stupid ones.
We may have messed it up but if you have missed how the eu have spoken about us just for voting to leave, or not seen the way they have treated our representatives you haven't been watching closely enough. We may be stupid but they are rude and insulting.

If someone votes to leave a club it's normal to try to persuade them to stay not treat them way the eu have treated us.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:32 PM

We may have messed it up but if you have missed how the eu have spoken about us just for voting to leave, or not seen the way they have treated our representatives you haven't been watching closely enough. We may be stupid but they are rude and insulting.

If someone votes to leave a club it's normal to try to persuade them to stay not treat them way the eu have treated us.
What on Earth are you taking about?
Did you really think they would let the UK have all the benefits of being in the club without paying any dues?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:51 PM

Hi

Our representatives have called them Nazis, corrupt, EUSSR, drunkards, overpaid, undemocratic.

It works both ways Julie.

Politicians are just big kids, look at our lot in Parliament, more interested in shouting at each other than a reasoned debate.

They are an absolute disgrace.

If we carried on like that at work we would get sacked.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Hi

We should not assume that if everyone had voted the result would have been remain, it could equally well have been a bigger majority for Leave.
I would have thought that you would have recognised that I wasn't assuming anything.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Hi

Our representatives have called them Nazis, corrupt, EUSSR, drunkards, overpaid, undemocratic.

It works both ways Julie.

Politicians are just big kids, look at our lot in Parliament, more interested in shouting at each other than a reasoned debate.

They are an absolute disgrace.

If we carried on like that at work we would get sacked.
While I agree I don't think TM has done that and it's her they are so disrespectful to IMO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What on Earth are you taking about?
Did you really think they would let the UK have all the benefits of being in the club without paying any dues?
No I thought they'd allow us dignity of leaving without being part of the club and given us a free trade deal or said go onto WTO. Simple leave and say good bye good luck.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:44 PM

No I thought they'd allow us dignity of leaving without being part of the club and given us a free trade deal or said go onto WTO. Simple leave and say good bye good luck.
I've had enough now, goodbye and good luck to you all, you are going to bloody need it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Yes, I remember an occasion when May went to Brussels, ostensibly to negotiate some sort of deal, and all of the EU politicians completely ignored her. Very rude of them.

Although I'm not exactly a fan of hers, I did feel very sorry for her when I saw that on the TV news.

That is not the behaviour of a statesman (or stateswoman!) and just shows them to be what they are.

I just hope that, after we have left and the EU goes tits-up, our leaders treat them the way they have treated her.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:07 PM

Hi

To their face?

At an official meeting?

Page 30 of 51 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top