Join for free
Page 197 of 276 « First < 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 01:18 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Thanks, Sweetie.

I've just read the first 30 pages or so of this thread, and I really shouldn't have worried about half the things I did yet I found it hard not to. I'm worrying now about my biopsy appointment even though its still a public holiday here and there's no post.

I must learn to worry less; I'll make that my New Year's resolution.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 03:32 PM

Give the "worrying" to Jesus. and don't forget to thank Him. (every time you have a good day, or a good hour, or a good thought). He loves it when He hears we appreciate what He does for us.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Oh, I'm grateful and answer this back in my prayers.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks, Sweetie.

I've just read the first 30 pages or so of this thread, and I really shouldn't have worried about half the things I did yet I found it hard not to. I'm worrying now about my biopsy appointment even though its still a public holiday here and there's no post.

I must learn to worry less; I'll make that my New Year's resolution.
Having a positive attitude helps Dreamy.
Worry never solved anything.
Of course you are fed up with all the trips back and forth to hospital.
Anyone would feel the same.
Such a shame you have no-one to accompany you.
I was always at my Mother's side.
No-one should face Cancer alone.
I have tried my best to support you on the forums over the years, that is the best I can do. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-01-2019, 08:43 PM

I know; you've been very kind to me Sweetie, more than anyone. I just had the idea stuck in my head a few hours ago, "What if I don't survive the year?"

I think that's why I've partly turned to religion although the local minister (protestant) didn't seem too interested when I phoned him last Week, just before Christmas.

It was as if he had heard it all before and I didn't go into much medical detail to him. He said, "Come to Church" but didn't sound too enthused. Then there are the happy-clappy type who talk in toungues and dance about frenetically. There are a lot of these type of Charismatic movement type of churches in Edinburgh, especially Leith which is quite near me. and they probably outnumber the traditional Episcopalian, Protestant or Catholic churches.

Saying that, I do believe in a Higher Power. AA taught me that. I don't mind what the non-religious think about me but I think what they are thinking is that I'm just scrabbling about for some sort of meaning to life.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I know; you've been very kind to me Sweetie, more than anyone. I just had the idea stuck in my head a few hours ago, "What if I don't survive the year?"

I think that's why I've partly turned to religion although the local minister (protestant) didn't seem too interested when I phoned him last Week, just before Christmas.

It was as if he had heard it all before and I didn't go into much medical detail to him. He said, "Come to Church" but didn't sound too enthused. Then there are the happy-clappy type who talk in toungues and dance about frenetically. There are a lot of these type of Charismatic movement type of churches in Edinburgh, especially Leith which is quite near me. and they probably outnumber the traditional Episcopalian, Protestant or Catholic churches.

Saying that, I do believe in a Higher Power. AA taught me that. I don't mind what the non-religious think about me but I think what they are thinking is that I'm just scrabbling about for some sort of meaning to life.
I will tell you something Dreamy.
My twins were born very premature at just 27weeks, I was told that they would not survive. I went to the chapel, and I prayed.

I pray for you and others every night.
I think we need to believe in good, I think we need to believe that we can overcome our obstacles in life, I think we should always grateful for what little time we have on this earth.
Meaning to life???? We all strive to understand that.
I do believe that God never gives us more than we can bear, you have overcome many twists and turns in your life

Dreamy, I remember some of the stories and scrapes you got into, you came through them, so remember that and build your strength for the next challenge.
It is not your time yet. I just know it. xxxx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-01-2019, 06:46 PM

I've done absolutely nothing today except have a bathe, shave and changing into new clothes. I'm guilty of staying in the same ones for a few days until I prompt myself. I don't know why as I've got plenty of clothes. Perhaps it's because I've not been getting out much.

Is anyone else like that? just having good clothes for going out and others for indoors. Some of mine were quite costly - Hackett, Ralph Lauren etc. I couldn't imagine buying new clothes again - I probably have enough for a few years.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

04-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Today I received my pre-admission and appointments for my biopsy.

The preadmission is, I think, just something to ensure that you are OK for surgery, and the biopsy is obvious: they'll remove a lymph node.

Very quick of them, I thought , just less than 2 weeks to go. Next week I've an appointment with a CPN and the next day the Consultant psychiatrist.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 06:51 PM

Good, good, good; you are moving forward and have a plan. It sounds like your team is giving you a lot of consideration. Take care of yourself in preparing for the surgery - eat well, get sleep - you know what to do .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

04-01-2019, 07:00 PM

I must eat more and better quality food; I've been a bit hampered going out, though, with my panic attacks.

I'm just glad everything is moving forward again after the festivities break.

Page 197 of 276 « First < 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top