Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Re: A German Point Of View

When America catches a cold , the rest of the world sneezes ...when Germany gets manflu so does the EU .... remoaners beware !

Germany avoids recession by the skin of its teeth because of extra day
https://mol.im/a/6595309

Germany looked set to enter a recession after terrible numbers last week
Industrial production stunned traders when it plummeted by -1.9 percent
The economy grew by 1.5 percent last year, the weakest rate in five years
Uncertainty is plaguing German markets with US disputes and Brexit looming
Germany narrowly avoided a recession by a day because the current financial quarter has fallen a day early.

There was one more working day in 2018 than there was in 2017 which may have kept the economy - by 0.1% - above a technical recession.
The German economy stunned traders last week when it plummeted more sharply than expected.
The economy grew by 1.5 percent in 2018, the weakest rate in five years and markedly slower than the previous year, preliminary data showed on Tuesday, in a sign that exporters in Europe's largest economy are being hit by trade tensions.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Whatever anyone thinks or says I don't see why they don't understand we voted to leave and nothing will be said that changes our minds. No matter how scary the scenario we want to try to be alone and try to make our way in the world.

TBH personally I feel closer to USA than to for instance France or Germany. I don't hate either but culturally I feel closer to America than to the continent of Europe. We have big differences or used to have before we were forced into a federal state against our will.

Do I think we will have to have alliances ? oh yes we will and I want them to be with countries around the world not just a small area like Europe.

If any other country wanted to leave while we were members I really hope we would have had more dignity about us than the EU has displayed to us these last couple of years.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Well said Julie. We have an uphill battle for Brexit, with the EU confident enough in their eyes to behave like schoolyard bullies instead of grown-ups in the past 2.1/2 years of negotiations, ably supported by a self-serving fifth column within our very own Parliament.

I despair for true democracy in this country.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Where does your wife come from Banchory. Not European then?
I haven't experienced any animosity towards Europeans in the nearest towns to me, (Shrewsbury, Oswestry and Wrexham).
and there never seems to be any incidents of hate-crime reported in any of the local papers. Maybe we are just lucky.

However, one thing I have noticed. One can pick out an Eastern European at a glance. They all seem to wear the same uniform, mainly shellsuits!! Anyone know why that is?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:56 PM

We have just had one of our regular visits from our investments manager, who has advised us that, because of Brexit, the FTSE (and therefore the value of our investments) has dropped. Moreover, if we have a no-deal Brexit, things will become even worse.

Despite that, I would still vote for a no-deal Brexit.

Incidentally, where on earth are Solash and Itsme?
Have they finally given up?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We have just had one of our regular visits from our investments manager, who has advised us that, because of Brexit, the FTSE (and therefore the value of our investments) has dropped. Moreover, if we have a no-deal Brexit, things will become even worse.

Despite that, I would still vote for a no-deal Brexit.

Incidentally, where on earth are Solash and Itsme?
Have they finally given up?
Fl**ker is back, maybe they are the same person(s)?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Fl**ker is back, maybe they are the same person(s)?
So where are Soalsh and Itsme?

I have a theory.

Slosh, Itsme and F**ker are all one and the same person!

S/he just keeps changing sex from time to time to suit.

Actually, didn't we have a thread on just that subject?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:11 PM

Yep, yet another Remainer alias generated here. It does get tiresome.

Why are they still trying to spout all this propaganda BS?

We voted LEAVE

Deal with it.

I am not interested in why you would like us to stay.

I'm not interested in what you think will happen to us

I'm only interested in you respecting our democratic process and the decision made by the people of this country.

If you're not prepared to respect the decision then frankly I have nothing to say to you except get the hell out of here.

If you seriously want to play the "let's just ignore democracy" card then be prepared for mass civil unrest like fender stated earlier. It's going to happen imo.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So where are Soalsh and Itsme?
Actually, I think I have the answer.

Yesterday and today there have been a mob of snowflakes outside the Houses of Parliament, banging away on their drums and waving their placards.

No wonder they're not here now; they went on a little trip to London.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
And you fail to understand the reality. You only need to look at what UKIP has morphed into or is having an ex EDL Leader part of their diversity and inclusivity programme

Does that make people who think it’s not happening thick, misguided, naive or one or all of the three wise monkeys?
I don't fail to understand anything. Agree that Ukip has gone pear shaped since NF left though.

What I'm saying, is that many of you remainers (and immigrants) lump all the brexiters together and assume we hate Europeans / foreigners and are racist - which is simply not the case.
There will always be some idiotic cretins about, but that's not our fault.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top