Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:42 PM

Re: Hands Up...Who Dries Stuff On Their Radiators?

Only if my Dryer has not dried the clothes properly and they are still damp, instead of wasting the Electric by putting the Dryer on again I use the Radiator.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Naw, not guilty lol.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Some people call a clothes horse, a maiden! They are usually from ‘up north’ though!
Never heard that one before, Art, wonder what the origins are.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I try not to put too much directly on the radiators but use these instead:

Yes - I use those too - but only in the kitchen.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-01-2019, 04:28 PM

My main laundry goes out on the line - unless it is actually raining - then it is hung in the garage. I use the radiator rails that Omah mentioned on the kitchen radiator for small things like handkerchiefs, dishcloths and socks.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:47 PM

Well, we used to hang some things on the radiators but we’ve just bought one of those heated clothes airers from Lakeland, so now mrs p puts all the stuff from the washer onto this, and uses it overnight, so it should save on electricity by not using the dryer, and the house shouldn’t suffer so much from condensation,,
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:58 PM

I use a clothes horse put near a radiator. Nobody use a creel these days? Every home had one at one time. Hang the washing on it and hoist it up to the ceiling where it is warmest.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I use a clothes horse put near a radiator. Nobody use a creel these days? Every home had one at one time. Hang the washing on it and hoist it up to the ceiling where it is warmest.
I had one in my cottage - the clothes dried but attracted the smoke from the fire and the smell from cooking .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I had one in my cottage - the clothes dried but attracted the smoke from the fire and the smell from cooking .....
That wouldn't have made any difference in the fifties, everywhere smelled of smoke and cooking, even outside.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Some people call a clothes horse, a maiden! They are usually from ‘up north’ though!
Nope Arty.......It's a 'Clothes Horse' here in my bit of Yorkshire....

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top