Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Re: So, Plan B? What Red Line(s) is the PM Prepared to Sacrifice?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The issue is the Irish backstop, insisted upon by Varadkar to use Brexit to get a United Ireland.

An alternative is for us to say if we have a No Deal because of EU intransigence, we will put in place a hard border and split Ireland permanently.
And stop them using the UK as a shortcut to the European mainland. Would ease congestion on our roads at least.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 04:57 PM

https://youtu.be/Mq-WW0wajAg

https://youtu.be/ae5t1CZFCU8
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:07 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple with Northern Ireland. Instead, we have had to endure that plonker Varadaker, strutting around as though a major player on the EU scene, threatening the UK and not giving an inch with regard to the Backstop. Who the hell is he anyway? just a useful, handy fool of the EU for the present moment, in the pocket of Sinn Fein who want a united Ireland, with no thought of just how the Irish will suffer financially in the event of a no-deal.

Dear Lord, where do they find these cretins?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Those who can ‘do’ , those who can’t get into politics as they are too useless to be employed anywhere else
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Those who can ‘do’ , those who can’t get into politics as they are too useless to be employed anywhere else
I'm afraid you could be right marmaduke. All part of the cosy club. - same chinless wonders in the Cameron mould.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:28 PM

We need to march in, throw them all out and only employ the ones qualified to do the jobs, no parties just those who know what they're doing.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:32 PM

Then we should sacrifice Scotland or wales or bradfordistan.... yes that’s the best option ... let Scotland and Northern Ireland join hands and become one ... they can both have independence and remain and we can have the border at hadrians wall just like the good old days
Jings! An attempt at right wing xenophobic humour! Got to laugh, the poor dears have no clue about what goes on outside Englandshire. Hadrians Wall was built before Scotland and England existed but if you want to extend the border you’ll have to arrange a referendum I’m afraid. Chin chin old chap.
🧐🤪
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We need to march in, throw them all out and only employ the ones qualified to do the jobs, no parties just those who know what they're doing.
I vote for that. Has UJ still got his tank ? anyone else remember that
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

16-01-2019, 05:38 PM

We have yet to explore the nuclear option of course , we could nuke Brussels and apologise afterwards , was good enough for Saudi Prince .... or maybe slip some poison in junkers gin ?? Obviously we will deny it despite countless cctv but if it’s good enough for Putin it’s good enough for me ... or at the present rate of police and defence cuts I imagine it’s only a matter of time before the Royal Navy pick up and rescue isis migrants in the Chanel and possibly they will take over ... yes I know they are a bit drastic but on the plus side at least you know where you stand under an isis government ... something sadly lacking under our current inhabitants of Westminster
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:40 PM

We have yet to explore the nuclear option of course , we could nuke Brussels and apologise afterwards , was good enough for Saudi Prince .... or maybe slip some poison in junkers gin ?? Obviously we will deny it despite countless cctv but if it’s good enough for Putin it’s good enough for me ... or at the present rate of police and defence cuts I imagine it’s only a matter of time before the Royal Navy pick up and rescue isis migrants in the Chanel and possibly they will take over ... yes I know they are a bit drastic but on the plus side at least you know where you stand under an isis government ... something sadly lacking under our current inhabitants of Westminster
I can see a flaw in that plan, Junker may be the pleasant face of the EU we don't know who else might come to the top ! Bombing them may seem tempting but we don't really want a war.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top