Join for free
Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:10 PM

Re: How much do you reveal on social forums ?

I don't like to reveal too much about myself. Until I get to know someone very well first. Of course you can't always be certain of that, but after a while, you tend to get a feel for it. I really don't like arguing with people. I just want to have some friendly chat and to give and receive opinions on things. There are, of course, some bad people around. We just have to be careful and not give out any personal information which may identify us, or even be used against us. We should be nice to each other. It makes you feel good.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I never reveal my body on the internet
A sigh of relief was heard by womenkind throughout the land
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->

To tell them they were revealing too much I googled the supermarket, found the grassy area, noted the diagonal path worn into the grass, indicating street direction. Google maps street view quickly showed the matching view from their bedroom window. It also revealed the street name and the door number. We then went to their (non-private!) Facebook page and perused their interests and pics they posted of their family and friends, and also pics they had posted on other websites as well. A friend and I went on to find a website where they posted pics of the home improvements they had done to their home and we got the back view of the house and garden as well, plus their van parked out front and the reg number. We could even make out the holiday stickers in the van window, so we knew where they had been holidaying. Using the name and so forth we got their home phone number, too. We called it a day at that point, having proved our case.
Isn't there a law against stalking?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 08:55 AM

Silly man, that's not stalking. They had put the info there for people to see, to the point it was getting risky. We made them aware and that was it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Silly man, that's not stalking. They had put the info there for people to see, to the point it was getting risky. We made them aware and that was it.
What you did is stalking. It doesn't matter whether the information is public the collating of it and the unwanted or repeated surveillance by you against another person is, by any definition, stalking.

Using your argument a rapist could argue that he was merely showing how dangerous it was for women to be out on the street alone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What you did is stalking. It doesn't matter whether the information is public the collating of it and the unwanted or repeated surveillance by you against another person is, by any definition, stalking.

Using your argument a rapist could argue that he was merely showing how dangerous it was for women to be out on the street alone.
Technically correct but I like to look at context, true stalking to me is not nice but what tachyon did was helpful and caring of the other person. I'd hate to think anyone was put off helping just because it technically wasn't correct way to behave.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:45 AM

If you want to know how much you give away of yourself and your life and family circumstances, just ask the forum to list the things they know about you.
You'll be surprised!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If you want to know how much you give away of yourself and your life and family circumstances, just ask the forum to list the things they know about you.
You'll be surprised!!
Indeed but that's part of belonging to a small forum IMO if I want true anonymity I use a big anonymous forum and protect my privacy accordingly. I like to think of us a group of friends, certainly that was the forum I joined, many of us revealed more than people are now doing. Hardly anyone was an unknown entity a few years ago.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 03:51 PM

very little from me - how I keep it 'even if I get chatty '
I had a stalker once ex copper he was from midlands = but manage to
lose the sh----
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed but that's part of belonging to a small forum IMO if I want true anonymity I use a big anonymous forum and protect my privacy accordingly. I like to think of us a group of friends, certainly that was the forum I joined, many of us revealed more than people are now doing. Hardly anyone was an unknown entity a few years ago.
That's right Julie. I like to think of us as a group of friends.

Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top