Join for free
Page 191 of 370 « First < 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 04:26 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Yes, only did very little leg work. Just enough to test them, really. I didn't want to be hobbling around on my holidays, to be honest.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 11:42 PM

I am very proud of myself today.

I reached over 10,000 steps today. I did 30 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes bike, 5 minutes cross trainer, 15 minutes muscle work on legs and arms and then 25 minute swim.

Thinking about it, I deserve to be proud of me. 14 months ago I could never have even walked to the end of my own drive and up my bedroom steps without almost collapsing.

Today I am a new woman I know my beautiful Sister and my Mum are pushing me along.

On that note, I bid you goodnight, godbless.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Yes, only did very little leg work. Just enough to test them, really. I didn't want to be hobbling around on my holidays, to be honest.
better to be safe than sorry mate, and a little more rest will benefit you too
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I am very proud of myself today.

I reached over 10,000 steps today. I did 30 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes bike, 5 minutes cross trainer, 15 minutes muscle work on legs and arms and then 25 minute swim.

Thinking about it, I deserve to be proud of me. 14 months ago I could never have even walked to the end of my own drive and up my bedroom steps without almost collapsing.

Today I am a new woman I know my beautiful Sister and my Mum are pushing me along.

On that note, I bid you goodnight, godbless.
Lion Queen, that's an amazing turnaround in such a short space of time. You should rightly be proud of yourself, well done Keep it going, progressing a little more each time, but remember to get some rest in between which gives the muscles a chance to repair themselves.

You are an inspiration to others who perhaps feel they are a lost cause with their health and fitness who may well see this post and make an effort to regain their health
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:49 PM

I love Fridays for the simple fact that work is over for a couple of days and I have no pressure about trying to fit in a session in a given amount of time. Today I eventually made it to the gym at 5pm which gave me time to be fully energised and ready for the onslaught.
In the event I decided to do as much as I could without busting a gut as I want to visit the place again tomorrow for a second workout, my usual Saturday afternoon drinks meet with my friends not taking place this weekend.

Friday 17/8/18

DB bench press:
6x36’s, 6x36’s, 10x28’s
*Somewhat lacking strength in the shoulders today for some reason, so I curtailed this exercise after three middling sets.

Decline bench, -30°:
12x60, 12x60, 12x60, 12x70, 8x75
*Played about with this apparatus last week for the first time in a couple of years. Today I had a more worthwhile go at it. Great for all-round stretching actually – the back, arms, abs without even lifting any weight!

Smith shoulder press, 60°:
8x40, 8x40, 8x40

Smith bench:
6x60, 4x70
*As with the DB presses, I was severely down on power with this today. No sweat, all this accumulative pressing adds up .

Smith flat bench, c/g:
20x40

E-Z bar bench press:
25x38

At this point I decided my pressing wasn’t really going anywhere, so I switched things around and did a little bicep stuff (which I will be really hammering in tomorrow’s session).

BB curl, seated, 60° bench:
12x30, 12x30, 12x30, 12x35
*Curling very smoothly. Felt so easy.

Concentration curl, alt:
6x16, 6x16, 6x16
*No rest between swapping over hands.

Still having a niggling feeling about my presses not being up to scratch, I tried the standard shoulder press for a few sets.

Shoulder press:
10x60, 8x70, 6x80
*Okay, but too late in the session for doing these for any kind of gains. I may do a few tomorrow earlier on.

Fly delt dec:
12x80, 12x95, 12x110
*This was very enlightening for such a mediocre afternoon at the gym. Oddly I do excel on this machine and pulling those weights was very satisfying.

Tricep extensions:
25x40
*Another exercise I didn’t particularly want to do today, so I settled for a quick blast of high reps.

Leg ‘sled’ press:
50x150
*I like to have a quick set on this to tide me over until my main legs session in a couple of days time.

1hr. 10mins.

Not so bad if I’m honest, the pushing exercises could have been better. Tomorrow I’ll be doing mostly back and bicep stuff.

Thanks for reading.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-08-2018, 02:20 PM

Part two of my weekend session (there may even be a Part Three tomorrow if I do legs) saw me continue what would normally be wrapped up in one humongous session. Wisely, I ceased that early yesterday not being on such hyper mega form. Today it was the turn some back and lat work and then hitting the biceps to round things off with.

Saturday 18/8/18

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
15x40, 12x50, 10x60, 6x70

Seated row, v-bar:
10x53, 10x59, 10x65, 10x71

Seated low row, single arm alt.:
8x80, 8x90, 8x100, 6x105
*I haven’t done these in a while because a while ago I was getting too many lower back pulls at one side due to not pulling the weight symmetrically, i.e. one arm at a time tended to twist my spine. Same reason I no longer do single-arm DB bench pull ups. No issues today though as I made sure I counteracted the pulling side with me leaning toward the opposite side as I lifted. Pleased with the 105 after not doing these for so long.

Machine arm curl, both arms:
12x35, 12x40, 12x45, 10x50

SUPERSET E-Z preacher curl, c/g / DB preacher curl, alt.:
10x28 / 6x14
10x38 / 6x14
8x50.5 / 6x14
8x38 / 6x14
10x28
15x18

Barbell preacher curl:
12x25
*Didn’t like doing preacher curls with this straight bar. No good for the wrists.

1 hour.

Nice, enjoyable session. Feeling pretty well swole and hench

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Hi, all. i am watching a rainstorm pelt the pavement I had hoped would lead me to a five miler, but Mother Nature has put that on hold. I've been reading to catch up on your adventures and happy to see everyone so busy. My workouts have been sporadic due to so much travel, but I've been looking forward to coming home so I could dust off the cobwebs and get back into my routine.

Most of my "exercise" has been in the form of labor around my parents home and gardens, but I did manage a lovely run in the foothills of Colorado with elk, deer, and even a pasture of buffalo for company. The altitude presented only a slight challenge with my breathing, but I could tell that my legs are not quite as strong as they used to be, so I decided to jumpstart my return with a day or two at the gym. I made the rounds with the leg press and other machines before spending a few sessions on the elliptical machine which I can see will be my go-to in another decade or so when my running begins to take a backseat. It really is an exceptional smooth-as-silk workout when done right that minimizes joint stress.

Good eating returns too. In fact, I suppose I should head to the grocery store since this run just isn't going to happen for a few more hours....

Good to be back!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Great to see you back too, Suzie! And also to hear that you're okay and you've still been busy exercising in some shape or form when it's been possible. Your parents' home must be really spik and span after you've been clearing things out for them.
I've missed you on here. With Bob on his holiday break too and others not being here much for whatever reason, it's been largely very quiet.
Again, I'm sorry to hear about the accident last week. Hope things are improving a little there for those concerned.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-08-2018, 03:15 PM

As with my previous upper body session I’m seeing me revert back to a more sensible style of weight training (if you call pushing 350kgs sensible that is), but at least I’m now back in the game of doing sets which are more constructive than simply pounding the high reps. Those will remain as a final fling following certain exercises, but the old tried and tested formula of slowly and gradually adding weight to sets which are few but fairly intensive gets my vote again now that I’m happy once more with my fitness and body shape. This way I can retain (and even gain) my strength whilst at the same time enjoy my time in the gym once more.

Today’s legs session was typical of my current routine. Nice, heavy sets with the end result of knowing I had worked those quads to their full potential.

Monday 20/8/18: Legs
(All weights in kgs)

Incline press:
20x150
12x200, 12x200, 12x200
10x250, 10x250, 10x250
8x300, 8x300, 8x300
14x350 to failure
*Easily the most substantial incline press work I have done since I had the knee problems over a year ago. Although I was certainly conscious of being careful, I didn’t lock out on the movement.
The three main sets above were done without dropping the weight between sets but holding the plates at the top of the motion for a short pause and carrying on with the rest of the reps.
Plus it was great to lift 350 again after so long.

Horizontal leg ‘sled’ press:
25x150
10x200, 10x200, 10x200, 10x200, 10x200
*The sets of 200 were done as per with the incline press above: a short pause in between sets without lowering the weight.

Seated ham curls:
25x45, 15x50, 15x55
10x60, 10x65
7x70, 6x75
5x80
25x40 fast reps

Extensions:
20x50, 12x70, 12x80, 10x90
6x100, 6x100, 6x100
12x100 to failure
*Nice to get firmly back into the swing with extensions again. No knee issues.

Adductor:
25x60

Abductor:
25x50

Incline press (reprise):
80x100 high reps

Ab crunch:
30x35 – 4 sets.

50 mins.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:45 AM

That leg burner was a great compliment to the upper body the other day, Floydy. It sure was fun being in the gym last week after a long hiatus. You will know when I've hit your machines Floydy, because you'll have to drop the pin way, way down....lol!

We really do have a strange weather pattern going on here. At a time in which we should be baking in sunshine, apparently we have been drenched by storms almost every day for a month. Another few weeks of this and all the suntans will have faded and we will have attained tropical rainforest designation.

Slog, slog, slog went today's run and it wasn't until I really couldn't see any longer that I abandoned the trail at four and a quarter miles. Cracks form in pavement faster than my pace, but it felt just fine breathing in the salt air and feeling the dewy air condense little droplets on my skin. Tomorrow will be a five...or a six? We'll see!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-08-2018, 04:09 AM

Suzie, you appear to be having some of the weather we would normally get in our patchy summers. It's all highly irregular the weather patterns at the moment and rather worrying to wonder where we are heading in future years. best just to make the best of the sunny weather we get I guess!

Great to see you running even if it's rather wet out there at the moment. And four plus miles is some going. How is your toe healing by the way?

Good also to see you doing some gym work. I know you are familiar with the apparatus set up in these places, but if you are unsure of anything please let me know and I'll try to explain a good technique etc. We all do what we can manage weight-wise, but it's not all about strength, it's about keeping ourselves in good shape and healthy for our future; always an ongoing battle and one of which I know you too are dealing with in a positive and winning formula.

Keep it up, you're doing great

Page 191 of 370 « First < 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top