Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 12:19 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
...a pity the camera didn't show if the first frog's expression changed from 'wtf' to 'o,ffs!'
[In French,natch]

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I expected nothing less Spitty.

Good Night Possums. X
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
The French like their legs Jem.
I used to keep a collection of green tree frogs in a greenhouse in the garden during the summers of the early noughties.

The frogs pictured are frog royalty, RED EYED tree frogs , available from time to time and will cost over one hundred pounds a pair
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I used to keep a collection of green tree frogs in a greenhouse in the garden during the summers of the early noughties.

The frogs pictured are frog royalty, RED EYED tree frogs , available from time to time and will cost over one hundred pounds a pair
I used to have a pond Young Robert, the frogs just found their way there. I do like frogs, they are fascinating.
I could NEVER eat frogs legs or snails.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Well the French have their customs and my advice there would be, if you are a Frog or a snail don’t go on holidays to France, you may not return.
I find the eating of lobsters, cockles, and oysters disgusting but some folks love it, including the wife.

We all have our own eating habits and preferences.
Brings to mind an old song that went something like this

“The Scots have their whisky
The Welsh have their leek
Their poets are paid about ten pence a week
If it’s water you want then there’s nothing so sweet
As the stuff that flows into the Ocean”

My eldest grandson Sean took his mother and grandmother Phyllis on a tour of his college (Trinity) on Saturday, she had a wonderful time of it, he later took them for a meal and a drink before they taxied home in the late afternoon, he’s a fine lad, way above 6 feet tall and a gentleman too, his younger brother is at college also, they were never an ounce of bother to their parents, two good lads.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:54 PM

A long time ago I was relaxing in a bar in town after a hard days work, it was my first time in this place so I didn't know anyone, we’ll say my surname is McJohn, it doesn't make any difference what it is really.
I was having a smoke and reading the evening paper when the bar phone rang and the barman on duty answered it, there were only about five other male customers in the bar when the barman looked at me and asked in a strange accent “Are you McJohn?” “Yes” says I “Well there’s a phone call for you” I was wondering who it could be, nobody knew I was there and the wife never rings bars. When I said hello a woman's voice answered “Ah hello Hugh, glad I caught you, just to let you know Ann can’t make it tonight, sorry, goodbye” and she hung up. (come to think of it, that wouldn’t be a bad opening to a murder mystery, Agatha Christie where are you when we need you)
I was bewildered, it took me a long time to figure out that the barman was a countryman and what he actually meant when he said “Are you McJohn?” was in fact “Hugh McJohn?” it sounded something like Hurooo McJohn.
I never found out who the woman on the phone or Ann was. It’s one of those silly things that still makes me curious to this day.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Lovely photo Jem.
I get some weird phone calls too.
No idea where they get my number.
I had a heavy breathing one years ago, it was when I advertised in the paper some baby stuff for sale.
Scared the life out of me!!!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 05:25 PM

....sorry about that call,Sweetie-I'd JUST crossed the line after running a Marathon. Tried to get that baby stuff before it sold-but you told me to 'F*!K OFF!' and slammed the phone down....[luckily,Pound Shop were open]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 05:27 PM

In the not so long ago GOOD ‘OLE DAYS, you know, when phones were static & the handset was on a, usually heavily twisted cable. Anyway.
In those heady times it was not unusual to have a CROSSED LINE, that is, let me remind that means when a third party is somehow joined to the conversation. Knowingly or accidentally.

I was in my office trying to confer with an associate when a voice, merged in.

“I know, I know” she cooed. The voice belonged to a concerned old lady.
I’ve tried holding him in my arms, ruubbing his tummy, warm baths I have given him titbits & only the very best calves liver and veal cutlets. I feel, a complete failure, I can‘t get him up at all”

Then the line sent dead & Gert or Daisy’s lament was lost to me.
I have no idea as to the nature of the dear patient. It could have been Arthur & she might have been Brenda . I just don’t know
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 05:39 PM

....sounds like she was referring to ol' EZ,RJ.
I hear it's God's own job to get him out of bed before 11.30am,bruv!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-01-2019, 11:59 PM

Party lines yes I know them.
Some strange conversations happen.

Just popped in to say Goodnight Possums. X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top