Join for free
Page 1 of 276 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 04:30 PM

I've had my chest x-ray

Now I await my Haemotology appointment. Very heavy rain here.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I hope you get your results quicker than mine. I had CT scans on 5th January (cancer follow up) and still have no results. When I rang today chasing them I was told that there is a backlog... So I remain in limbo.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 04:41 PM

Good luck with everything, Ffosse. Hope all goes well bud
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 06:25 PM

I've got another appointment with neuroscience for a full spinal scan, but they don't think my cancer has come back. They just need to see what's up with my back and arm pain.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 07:23 PM

Good luck Ffosse.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 07:37 PM

Ffosse stay positive There is no point in worrying until they tell you something is wrong, because they may not say that, so keep smiling
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've got another appointment with neuroscience for a full spinal scan, but they don't think my cancer has come back. They just need to see what's up with my back and arm pain.
I am sure all will be fine Dreamy.
I hope that whatever is causing the pain can be sorted.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-01-2018, 07:55 PM

Well all the signs are that it's not cancer, my Hodgkins Lymphoma has not returned: my weight has stayed the same; there is no lumps that they can see on my chest x-ray; none under my arms or in my groin; I have a healthy appetite and can sleep OK.

The consultant did tell me that he's seen patients with my arm dysfunction on both arms and they're basically screwed until it gets sorted out. As it is, it's a bit harder for me to dress myself, especially the top-half of me - jumpers are a real pain because I don't have any strength in my right arm. But a full neuroscience scan (and this is where I get a bit scared because I'll be fully inside a tight space for a few minutes) should be able to give them an idea of what's wrong.

I have Carpel Tunnel in both hands, but it's my right arm and - at night- my back which has given me the most bother.

They've upped the dose of amytryptiline for my hands and said I should take the maximum amount of codeine and paracetamol allowed.

It was absolutely pouring all afternoon:

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 07:58 PM

Dreamy can someone go with you for the scan?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well all the signs are that it's not cancer, my Hodgkins Lymphoma has not returned: my weight has stayed the same; there is no lumps that they can see on my chest x-ray; none under my arms or in my groin; I have a healthy appetite and can sleep OK.

The consultant did tell me that he's seen patients with my arm dysfunction on both arms and they're basically screwed until it gets sorted out. As it is, it's a bit harder for me to dress myself, especially the top-half of me - jumpers are a real pain because I don't have any strength in my right arm. But a full neuroscience scan (and this is where I get a bit scared because I'll be fully inside a tight space for a few minutes) should be able to give them an idea of what's wrong.

I have Carpel Tunnel in both hands, but it's my right arm and - at night- my back which has given me the most bother.

They've upped the dose of amytryptiline for my hands and said I should take the maximum amount of codeine and paracetamol allowed.
Tell the people who are operating the machine that you have problems being enclosed and ask them to talk to you for those few minutes, in order to keep your mind on something else. When I had a scan, in the nuclear dept of my cancer hospital, the nurses chatted to me all the time I was in there... and I am not bothered by being enclosed!
Good luck

Page 1 of 276 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top