Join for free
Page 204 of 276 « First < 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Dreamy how are you today?
Thinking of you. X
I'm fine. I got to the hospital for 7am and, at first, it seemed that I would be getting surgery almost straight away.

Then there was some difference of opinion between the Consultants on where the lymph nodes were or how big they were. I got a thorough ultra sound and it didn't seem to show anything in 2 different attempts, as though the nodes had shrunk.

Eventually they agreed on a spot and marked it. Then it was a wait until 5pm before I had my surgery. They were happy with the results, although it was just a tiny amount of tissue taken. Then I was wheeled to a single room on Ward 22, very different to all the other single rooms. A large pane of glass so they could look in but this was covered by a blind. A TV and a bathroom/shower. I've got to say I was very calm and slept through a lot of the day. No water or coffee was the worst part of the experience, but I could drink when surgery was finished, which I did. Last night was very comfy then I got out at 10:30 am. Not a bad experience at all.

It's now a waiting game, but after a week of blood transfusions and a Biopsy in an uncomfortable place, I hope I don't have to wait much longer.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm fine. I got to the hospital for 7am and, at first, it seemed that I would be getting surgery almost straight away.

Then there was some difference of opinion between the Consultants on where the lymph nodes were or how big they were. I got a thorough ultra sound and it didn't seem to show anything in 2 different attempts, as though the nodes had shrunk.

Eventually they agreed on a spot and marked it. Then it was a wait until 5pm before I had my surgery. They were happy with the results, although it was just a tiny amount of tissue taken. Then I was wheeled to a single room on Ward 22, very different to all the other single rooms. A large pane of glass so they could look in but this was covered by a blind. A TV and a bathroom/shower. I've got to say I was very calm and slept through a lot of the day. No water or coffee was the worst part of the experience, but I could drink when surgery was finished, which I did. Last night was very comfy then I got out at 10:30 am. Not a bad experience at all.

It's now a waiting game, but after a week of blood transfusions and a Biopsy in an uncomfortable place, I hope I don't have to wait much longer.
Me too Dreamy, you are so brave, I am really impressed the way you have got through it all. x
Do keep us informed. x
Rest now Dreamy, it is over, I am sure the results will soon come.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 03:53 PM

**Some posts have been deleted, please keep bickering off the forums thanks.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:01 PM

How are you now Dreamy?
Tired?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:59 PM

Funny that, I just saw my GP and she says I must be tired after the week I've had.

I intend on going to bed at 8pm.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Funny that, I just saw my GP and she says I must be tired after the week I've had.

I intend on going to bed at 8pm.
That is a good plan Dreamy. X
Let me know how you are tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2019, 10:42 AM

I'm fine apart from the slight stinging of the surgery wound. Again, I plan on doing absolutely nothing except maybe sorting out my musical collection.

The weather is baltic outside.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 03:18 PM

I'm fine apart from the slight stinging of the surgery wound. Again, I plan on doing absolutely nothing except maybe sorting out my musical collection.

The weather is baltic outside.
Sorry I am late today.
Do nothing I agree, rest and recover. x

Do you have snow?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2019, 04:30 PM

No snow here but pretty cold outside.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 06:07 PM

No snow here but pretty cold outside.
At least that is something.
Just got back in, it is getting colder.

Page 204 of 276 « First < 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top