Join for free
Page 4 of 66 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

I see the old lying "cut and paste" has resurfaced, most of it is downright bullshit. http://ilovetheeu.co.uk/trade/no-the...out-of-the-uk/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I see the old lying "cut and paste" has resurfaced, most of it is downright bullshit. http://ilovetheeu.co.uk/trade/no-the...out-of-the-uk/
Hi Purwell.

Welcome to the forum.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 05:58 PM

Welcome back Purwell, I would like to say how your incisive commentry on current affairs has been sorely lacking of late....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 06:27 PM

OMG
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
hi purwell.

Welcome to the forum.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Purwell.

Welcome to the forum.
Yes, we welcome all newbies here Purwell.
Jump in, make yourself at home, tell us a bit about yourself.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Welcome back Purwell, I would like to say how your incisive commentry on current affairs has been sorely lacking of late....
Time waits for no man .... is it worth waiting?

Sorry Purry, welcome to OFF.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.
You're listing these companies as being given an "EU grant" as if they have no mind of their own.

If companies move manufacturing from the UK it's because the environment here isn't as favourable for manufacturing. Nothing to do with the EU.

The fact is that any country can make conditions favourable by offering financial incentives for investment by foreign companies. I don't see how it's relevant to the EU. I mean why did Dyson move manufacturing to the Far East?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 08:27 AM

Not Bullshit.

The EU does NOT give grants to companies to move but...........

And it's a big but! A Kardashian sized BUTT!!..............

It gives grants to National GOVERNMENTS!!!!!! to pay companies to move out of the UK.

So therefore it looks like National GOVERNMENTS are paying companies grants and incentives but it is the dirty hands of the EU behind it all.

A deliberate, high level, EU policy of levelling out the disparities within the EU by punishing the UK's prosperity.

The ONLY way to protect UK jobs and prosperity is to Leave the EU!

Dyson moved manufacturing out of the UK because the local council continually stopped him expanding his Malmesbury factory.......It was a farce that the local council wouldn't support him.......a bloody farce!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Not Bullshit.

The EU does NOT give grants to companies to move but...........

And it's a big but! A Kardashian sized BUTT!!..............

It gives grants to National GOVERNMENTS!!!!!! to pay companies to move out of the UK.

So therefore it looks like National GOVERNMENTS are paying companies grants and incentives but it is the dirty hands of the EU behind it all.

A deliberate, high level, EU policy of levelling out the disparities within the EU by punishing the UK's prosperity.

The ONLY way to protect UK jobs and prosperity is to Leave the EU!

Dyson moved manufacturing out of the UK because the local council continually stopped him expanding his Malmesbury factory.......It was a farce that the local council wouldn't support him.......a bloody farce!
Well said. I completely agree.

As for the final paragraph, I wasn't aware of that. However, if true I think it demonstrates the level of incompetence of many of our local councils, and no doubt many in central government too.
We are indeed our own worst enemy.

And as for this:

"And it's a big but! A Kardashian sized BUTT!!...."

What an excellent phrase! I'll certainly remember that and make full use of it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 10:57 AM

Seems May has dug herself further into the Brexit sh*t!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-beyond-a-joke

Page 4 of 66 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top