Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 06:22 AM

Article 50 Update

Hi

The joint statement on where we are in the negotiations.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site..._statement.pdf

It is the boring bits which matter, it always is.

The just walk away advocates just ignore them, which is why it simply is not a viable option.

Some key points.

Euratom, which we are leaving, a cretinous thing to do in my opinion, just madcap Political Dogma, it is all to do with the ECJ.

This does not bother the USA, Japan, Canada, Australia, South Africa etc, just us.

We can keep our fuel rods in our Power Stations, they don't belong to us, they belong to Euratom.

We need to set up our own Nuclear Regulator and get it approved Internationally very quickly, there is a timescale for this.

Imports and Exports.

We will still have access to the EU Import and Export Computer systems until the end of 2021.

We need this to be able to continue trading even within the WTO Rules.

This gives us 3 years to make sure we can get our own systems up and running, which is eminently doable provided we stop pratting around and get on with it.

We will have access to various other technical systems we need for a further 4 years.

This means we will be tied to the ECJ for 7 years in respect of these issues.

The other stuff is just the basics for ongoing Court Cases, mutual access to systems etc.

All this, as it says, is subject to the nothing is agreed until everything is agreed stance adopted by Theresa May.

Just my views, I expect to get trashed for them.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:17 AM

Re: Article 50 Update

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The joint statement on where we are in the negotiations.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site..._statement.pdf

It is the boring bits which matter, it always is.

The just walk away advocates just ignore them, which is why it simply is not a viable option.

Some key points.

Euratom, which we are leaving, a cretinous thing to do in my opinion, just madcap Political Dogma, it is all to do with the ECJ.

This does not bother the USA, Japan, Canada, Australia, South Africa etc, just us.

We can keep our fuel rods in our Power Stations, they don't belong to us, they belong to Euratom.

We need to set up our own Nuclear Regulator and get it approved Internationally very quickly, there is a timescale for this.

Imports and Exports.

We will still have access to the EU Import and Export Computer systems until the end of 2021.

We need this to be able to continue trading even within the WTO Rules.

This gives us 3 years to make sure we can get our own systems up and running, which is eminently doable provided we stop pratting around and get on with it.

We will have access to various other technical systems we need for a further 4 years.

This means we will be tied to the ECJ for 7 years in respect of these issues.

The other stuff is just the basics for ongoing Court Cases, mutual access to systems etc.

All this, as it says, is subject to the nothing is agreed until everything is agreed stance adopted by Theresa May.

Just my views, I expect to get trashed for them.
At least you're recognising that your opinions are just that...opinions and not 'statements of the bleedin' obvious' for dullards........whch was your style up to very recently.

I disagree that only TM has adopted the 'nothng is agreed etc' stance. Barnier and verhofstadt hadmade that point themselves.

Euratom is interesting......an unforseen ( by voters) consequence of not having the ECJ rule over us.

However, the Gov't has proven , with the relaxation of immigration quotas for Health workers and the permission to use medicinal cannabis that it can adopt policy to suit specific scenarios.
Therefore I expect the free movement of Nuclear scientists to continue..
I expect funding for research to continue funded by the UK Gov't and I expect the jurisdiction of the International Atomic Energy Agency to play a part as it did before we joined Euratom....

This is issue is typical of Remainers and the EU colluding to create barriers instead of finding solutions.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top