Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:53 PM

Re: Nausea and vomiting

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Thank you so much Filly, and I wish it was that easy. It was the same as when I was at your house last.

The thing is this....tonight I have pain in my side and my p**p is yellow. I looked it up on the internet and it could be my gall bladder.......

So if this pain is still here tomorrow, I will go to emerg.....or maybe tonight......
Oh dear, Blue...I know how very ill you were when visiting me... Yes, honey...please do go to emerg, the sooner, the better. If necessary call an ambulance...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 09:00 PM

The thing is this....tonight I have pain in my side and my p**p is yellow. I looked it up on the internet and it could be my gall bladder........
Ah ok

I had something like this recently and I've previously had gallbladder issues but after researching dealt with them.

Some 4 weeks ago I had some kind of bug that saw me vomiting throughout the night. I had unfortunately eaten a largish meal beforehand too.

For me, my system was blocked and my gall bladder was dutifully squeezing out lots of bile to deal with the quantity of food (which is it's job). The bile was clearly coming back into my stomach and making me sick. I could see the sickly yellow/green stuff that I had thrown up.

It only lasted a night as I said.

Try to think back and determine what you ate before you first became sick. Was it a fatty meal, like an Indian or was it a stodgy gloopy meal like lots of rice or pasta?

If it was fatty then you might have triggered a gall bladder attack but if so you would have a sharpish pain just under the lower ribs on your right side.

If so, there are plenty of things you can do to manage it. Natural things.

if it's just your system being blocked, slow and/or sluggish then you'll just have to wait until it gets rid of it all and rebalances. I find that when my system get's blocked, drinking hot drinks helps to get it through.

You can take a does of health salts/Epsom salts in water if your system feels blocked. It opens up the tubes and lets things get through. This also helps with gallbladder issues where a small gall stone may have become stuck.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 09:21 PM

No, it is not accompanied by the runs....but tonight there is a yellow colour.......I also have a pain in my right side which is getting pretty uncomfortable right now......
Sorry I missed this.

Definitely sounds like a gallbladder attack. Uncomfortable but no big worries. Don't let them rush you into surgery to whip it out. Millions of Americans have their gallbladders out every year unnecessarily.

As per my previous post, a dose of health/Epsom salts will help the gall stone go through which is very likely what is causing the pain. Equally, it's very common for the gallbladder itself to get an infection as a result of the bile not being able to flow due to the blockage. Again GSE helps here because it is a strong natural antibiotic.

So avoid eating anything fatty for now which means anything with any fats in. No baked goods, pastry, etc. just plain meats, garlic, vegetables etc assuming you have any appetite.

Tell your GP you think you have a gallbladder attack. They may want to make sure it's not an emergency. The pain under the ribs can seem worrying but it is very normal for gallbladder infections and lodged gallstones. What's important is that your gallbladder isn't badly infected or under pressure and at risk of bursting. I'm not a GP but I've dealt with gallbladder issues for some years. You'd have a great deal of pain if you had a large gallstone stuck. It doesn't generally make you feel sick.

You'll probably be given antibiotics to get rid of the infection.
Amoxycillin maybe.

You'll be ok.

But get checked out.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Realist, you have been so helpful to me. Thank you.

I have read both your threads and I am not feeling so scared now. I was starting to panic......I think it probably is the gall bladder as my mom was getting these attacks also and she had her's removed when she was about my age........she ate a lot of rich food, and I was doing that also.

In fact, the day before this attack, I was at a pizza shop and had two pieces of pizza with lots of cheese and grease. I don't usually eat pizza but that is where we girls ended up for lunch. I also had a dessert, which I normally don't have....

You have no idea how grateful I am to have read your posts before heading to the hospital......thanks again
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 10:18 PM

PS: I also have a fatty liver, which I didn't take too seriously...but now, I am sure I will be changing my diet and making some improvements in my life....

When Dr said I have a fatty liver...he said it was because I ate too much rich food.......
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2018, 11:03 PM

Realist, you have been so helpful to me. Thank you.
Very welcome

In fact, the day before this attack, I was at a pizza shop and had two pieces of pizza with lots of cheese and grease.
That would certainly do it.

When we ingest fats the gallbladder reacts. The fats cause the gallbladder to squeeze out bile (which it stores) into the gut to aid digestion. If your system is a little blocked either from a gallstone or from overeating or some stodgy food, then the large quantity of bile can't empty into the gut and ends up in your stomach instead and that makes you puke.

As I said earlier when things don't flow properly it can lead to a bit of an infection either or both in the gallbladder and kidneys. The kidneys try to filter things but can get infected too. It all presents as pain just under the right ribs (gallbladder) or lower back at the right side (kidneys).

My first gallbladder attack was back in 1997 and happened after eating an Indian takeway which was of course full of fat and ghee.

I spent a year on and off with the odd and uncomfortable pain under the ribs but after researching gallbladder attacks I learned what causes them and how to manage them.

I did something called a "Gallbladder Flush" which you might want to Google.

It's a simple thing that involves taking Epsom Salts (to open up the tubes) and then drinking a quantity of Olive Oil.
It essentially flushes the gallbladder which expels lots of gallstones that are in there which flow into the gut and are poo'd out next morning. The relief and feeling of wellbeing the day after is tangible.

After that it's just a matter of watching what you eat and avoiding too much fatty stuff.
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 11:31 PM

Please go to Emergency! 3 days is too long for vomiting!

For moderate or light nausea, ginger, ginger ale, Coca Cola syrup or lemon are helpful.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 11:31 PM

Gallstones are dangerous and should be treated. If not there is a risk that one can become loose and cause acute pancreatitis. If you have gallstones then that is always a risk. Happened to a friend of mine and it took him a few months to recover. Worth getting yourself checked out.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:56 AM

blueberry sorry to hear that - nothing worse is there , check the medication if u are on some first 'anything new double check 'then trace back what u cooked and eaten -even if u was out ? I got bad with same symptoms once after eating a hamburger from Mc donalds ' I sat all nite on the loo with towels around me ' never touched another hope u get well soon x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
Please go to Emergency! 3 days is too long for vomiting!

For moderate or light nausea, ginger, ginger ale, Coca Cola syrup or lemon are helpful.
Thanks Candy, I had been doing that for three days and all I would do is bring it all up again......
Today I am feeling much better compared to the last few days tho.....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top