Join for free
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 04:47 PM

Beko Built-in Electric Oven

Does anyone have a Beko Electric Oven? If so - how long does it take to heat up? I can't decide if my oven needs repairing, replacing.........or just ignore the issue and hope it goes away!!

Last evening it took 35 minutes to get to 150 c. How does this compare to other electric ovens?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 07:01 PM

Re: Beko Built-in Electric Oven

Our Neff oven preheats to 175 in less than 5 minutes so it looks like yours has a problem, but you must know that if you've had the oven awhile and it's been OK up to now?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Our Neff oven preheats to 175 in less than 5 minutes so it looks like yours has a problem, but you must know that if you've had the oven awhile and it's been OK up to now?
It's only recently I've started making a note of the time.......and I'm very impatient so thought it was me not giving it enough time..........and....there's a lot of sand down here!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:40 PM

It does sound a bit slow Lindy, our New World built in Gas oven takes about ten minutes to achieve 230*C (gas mark 7)
Try emailing Beko customer services for advice...It could be that only half of the elements are working.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:45 PM

My last cooker was a Beko, it drove me nuts!
I have a built in fan oven now which is Hotpoint, it was here when I moved in, almost new but that takes a good 15 minutes to get to 180.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:15 AM

My last cooker was a Beko, had it less than a year, poorly designed, poorly made and appalling customer service. Got rid of and bought a Zanusi.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top