Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:15 PM

Re: Mammogram

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hope you all keep your appointments as uncomfortable as it is I wouldn't be sitting her now if I had avoided my appointments.
I hope they aren't personally as the evidence is very clear that Mammograms do more harm than good.

Mammograms have now been stopped in a number of countries but as ever the UK and NHS lag behind the times.

We have discussed this at length before, the terrible statistics, the awful tales of women told that their Mammograms returned positive (falsely) and were then subjected to the conveyor belt of horrible treatments etc etc.

Irradiating your body is never a sensible thing to do.

For those who missed the discussion first time round you can read it all in this thread here:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=53711

Cheers
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Don't have them any more, too old now.
Men designed those torture machines, if a woman had they'd have rounded corners & be a different shape.
They do have rounded corners!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I hope they aren't personally as the evidence is very clear that Mammograms do more harm than good.

Mammograms have now been stopped in a number of countries but as ever the UK and NHS lag behind the times.

We have discussed this at length before, the terrible statistics, the awful tales of women told that their Mammograms returned positive (falsely) and were then subjected to the conveyor belt of horrible treatments etc etc.

For those who missed the discussion first time round you can read it all in this thread here:

Cheers
I'm not going to get into another disagreement. We've discussed this before, and I've made my opinion clear.

All I will say now is that you women have a choice. If you don't like the idea of those nasty (very soft, btw) X-rays or the plates with sharp edges (eh?) that squash you flat, then just don't have your mammo!

They are not compulsory.

Give up your appointment and make a space for someone else.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:26 PM

Not something I've experienced..............
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Cheers
I hope no one is taking your nonsense seriously, mammograms save lives.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hope no one is taking your nonsense seriously, mammograms save lives.
The facts are all in the thread I provided the link for. The instilled notions that Mammograms are safe, effective, reliable and necessary are wholly untrue.

Read the data, be informed, make an informed decision.

Don't be an ignorant victim.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:02 PM

The facts are all in the thread I provided the link for. The instilled notions that Mammograms are safe, effective, reliable and necessary are wholly untrue.

Read the data, be informed, make an informed decision.

Don't be an ignorant victim.

If you have already provided pages of data, plus posted a link to it all, is it really necessary to repeat and reiterate the same views all over again on this thread too?

Anyone who is interested can read your link.
Those that aren't interested, have made their own decision.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:04 PM

Flying puts you at more risk of radiation exposure than visiting a nuclear power station. But that won't stop anyone going on a foreign holiday.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:08 PM

Someone somewhere is working on a blood test that will be able to detect numerous common cancers, including breast cancer. I hope they hurry up and develop it. The great thing about this is that it would detect hard to find cancers such as ovarian, pancreatic, oesophageal.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320679.php
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Someone somewhere is working on a blood test that will be able to detect numerous common cancers, including breast cancer. I hope they hurry up and develop it. The great thing about this is that it would detect hard to find cancers such as ovarian, pancreatic, oesophageal.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320679.php
That is good news, Annie.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top