Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:57 AM

Dizzy

Don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. Last night at work I just thought I was over heated, they will put the heating on and when you are working it gets very hot. Nearly fainted.

Came home and took myself off to bed, got up in the night and became so dizzy on a trip to the loo I ended up on the floor.

Got up this morning and only really feel safe sitting here looking down at this screen as each time I look up the room swirls around and I feel like I'm going to fall over.

Luckily Nathan's day off so he took grace to school and has been making me teas.

Hope I feel better later I have work tonight !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:06 AM

Re: Dizzy

You'll have to get checked out if it carries on Julie, as it could be dodgy if you fall and hit your head or something.

Maybe an ear problem like Labyrinthitis.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/labyrinthitis/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:08 AM

Sorry to hear that Julie. Dizziness is a horrible feeling. As Mups says perhaps an ear problem.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:16 AM

Make an appointment with the doctor,Julie,my dizziness is caused by low blood pressure,they are trying to get my medication right,after my heart surgery,always best to seek a professional opinion,it could be ear trouble,as Mups posted,but always best to check it out with a doctor.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:32 AM

Low blood pressure or vertigo springs to mind. I've had both & it's caused awful dizziness.

Get it checked out Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:34 AM

No appointments available until end of December so Nathan is going to drive me to the walk in clinic in town. he's just walking the dogs for me first. My angel he is.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Julie
Hope I feel better later I have work tonight !
Well the short snswer to that is, stuff work your health is far more important, and dizziness doesn't happen for no reason.
See a doctor now! No excuses! x

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No appointments available until end of December so Nathan is going to drive me to the walk in clinic in town. he's just walking the dogs for me first. My angel he is.
Just seen this...excellent news!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 12:09 PM

No appointments available until end of December

This is unbelievable!!

I can get an appointment for the next day at my surgery.

It's all done online. At midnight about a dozen appointments for the next day are posted up on their website. I log on and choose which appointment I want & with whichever doctor I want.

It's such brilliant idea - not so good for people not on the internet though. They have to phone at 7.30 am for a same day appointment. if it's urgent they always get seen.

I would say yours if quite urgent Julie. You should not have to go to a walk in clinic & wait hours!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 12:48 PM

Well done Nathan.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 12:54 PM

I agree with others. Sounds like Hypotension or Labyrinthitis.

Had the latter myself a few times, it's pretty horrible. Had to lie of the floor on the spot once, just couldn't move for the room spinning, slowly crawled to the sofa managed to climb on and stayed there lying down for an hour.

If it's an ear related condition like that you should usually get a sense, however sleight, of which ear it is. It will feel different to the other imo.

if so, Google the EPLEY MANOUEVER and give it a try.

It's the most simple thing to do. It's uncomfortable as the room spins while you do it, but it is perfectly safe and it can clear the ear tubes of the crystals that cause the imbalance.

Epley Manouever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzID5nVQjk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top