Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Sore Shoulder and Blood Stuff

I have had a sore shoulder for a couple of weeks so I went to my doctor last Tuesday. Actually the pain was between the bicep and the shoulder, not severe just annoying.

Cutting a long story short - he also found my blood pressure was slightly high and that I hadn't had a blood test for a couple of years so he gave me a a form for an ultra sound at an Xray place and a blood test at the local Path Lab. So off I toddled...

I arranged for the Ultra Sound on the Wednesday (next) morning and the blood test was just a matter of turning up, both these places are at the end of my street so no travelling involved.

This week I returned to my doctor for the results of the tests. Blood tests - no sign of prostate cancer, no diabetes, cholesterol fine and all the other wonderful things they can check in a sample of blood were OK too. Pretty happy with that.

The shoulder showed a tear in the ligament but he reckoned that would probably be true if they did the same test on the other shoulder. He said the soreness was caused by Bursitis, a swelling of some sac in the shoulder. Anyway I was given another form for another visit to the Xray place this time for an injection of painkiller and cortisone into the sac in the shoulder guided by the ultra sound.

The injection was done yesterday arvo (same day as the doctor visit) so I have to try to keep my shoulder unused for a week - that's not going to happen but I shall try to be careful (I just hope I don't have to start my generator this afternoon).

If this doesn't fix me up I have to go back in 3 months for a repeat performance.

"Unremarkable"? Bloody cheek.

Anyway I should be good to go for another three months at least.

Oh yes, the blood pressure still slightly high (for me) but he didn't think it was worth treating but he will keep an eye on it.

My medical problems in a nutshell.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128 Sore Shoulder7.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	8042  
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:58 PM

Re: Sore Shoulder and Blood Stuff

Well Brucey boy, for the most it seems good news. Do be careful though, ask for help and rest. Blood pressure is often slight high if you are worried, and often result are raised because of either being at the hospital or Doctors. There are often long waits in the UK, that sends my blood pressure up. It must be warming up in OZ now, being hot also raises BP.
Take care or I will put my nurses outfit on. X
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:58 PM

Speedy!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:59 PM

All good then Mr Bruce. Well done you. I notice you have greyed out your age. Does that mean you're not over 50 by any chance?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
All good then Mr Bruce. Well done you. I notice you have greyed out your age. Does that mean you're not over 50 by any chance?
Let's just say I was born in the first half of the last century shall we? A couple of decades over 50 alas.

I greyed it out because one of the ID checks they do here is ask your Date of Birth.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

27-11-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well Brucey boy, for the most it seems good news. Do be careful though, ask for help and rest. Blood pressure is often slight high if you are worried, and often result are raised because of either being at the hospital or Doctors. There are often long waits in the UK, that sends my blood pressure up. It must be warming up in OZ now, being hot also raises BP.
Take care or I will put my nurses outfit on. X
The weather is crap, summer in a few days and it is only 22°C I still have a jacket out.

A girl in uniform eh? always a turn on!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The weather is crap, summer in a few days and it is only 22°C I still have a jacket out.

A girl in uniform eh? always a turn on!
Second thoughts I don't want to raise your blood pressure again. X
You know me always larking around.
I met a lady at Heathrow earlier she said it was hot in OZ????
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:19 PM

That's mostly good news - nothing to worry about there and your heart is nornal
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:27 PM

I had something like this last year Bruce and was in excruciating pain. Mine was frozen shoulder. I had a cortisol injection and it did help, but I reacted badly to it because I didn't rest enough on the day I had it. I don't have hypertension but it can raise blood pressure and blood sugar.

I didn't have a tear on my ultrasound and I think that is the most worrying part of your diagnosis. Be careful with that. A full body pillow helped me as mine was so painful to sleep on. They say rest, ice, compression elevation but that's all not so easy with a shoulder.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

27-11-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Second thoughts I don't want to raise your blood pressure again. X
You know me always larking around.
I met a lady at Heathrow earlier she said it was hot in OZ????
Depends where you are; there is a severe heatwave in Queensland (40°C + in the central areas) but locally the weather has been pretty mediocre. I only took the winter doona off my bed this month and on a couple of nights have considered putting it back on.

It is raining but even allowing for that 22°C is pretty cold for this time of the year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top