Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:33 PM

Re: Sore Shoulder and Blood Stuff

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Depends where you are; there is a severe heatwave in Queensland (40°C + in the central areas) but locally the weather has been pretty mediocre. I only took the winter doona off my bed this month and on a couple of nights have considered putting it back on.

It is raining but even allowing for that 22°C is pretty cold for this time of the year.

Ah yes she was from that area.
At least it is warmer than Blighty.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 07:37 AM

That's good news Bruce that there is nothing more serious.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:56 AM

I was going to suggest that Bruce.....

The best thing for lowering blood pressure is exercise Bruce...
If I was your doctor I would prescribe jogging at least two miles a day.....

Concerning your shoulder though, do you use a mouse on your computer?
I used to do 40 press ups each morning, until my shoulder hurt so much it was impossible. It was suggested that it might be repetetive strain injury, so I'm using the mouse in my other hand and I've returned to doing 20 press ups each morning as the pain is subsiding....Worth looking at other things you might be doing with your arm on a regular basis Bruce....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Very true about the RSI. When we first moved here, I spent about 3 days lying on my side on the floor, using a heat gun and scraping paint off the skirting. It caused my shoulder to freeze and I could not lift my arm up more than a few inches.

A course of specific exercises sorted it out in the end.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Starting jogging after a certain age is a risk as ligaments become more brittle and prone to injury.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Starting jogging after a certain age is a risk as ligaments become more brittle and prone to injury.
He knows Annie, and do you think that he will take any advice off me?.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:56 PM

I read years ago that the best exercise for rsi caused by mouse overuse is to rest your elbow on the table with the lower arm vertical so its parallel to the body and then sit there as long as you can with a limp wrist.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-11-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I read years ago that the best exercise for rsi caused by mouse overuse is to rest your elbow on the table with the lower arm vertical so its parallel to the body and then sit there as long as you can with a limp wrist.
Thanks Annie, I'll give it a try but using the mouse with my other hand seems to be paying off for now, at least until my other shoulder begins to hurt......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top