Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 07:56 PM

Share Price Dropping

Millions are being wiped out of major shares such as Facebook just now. 24$Billion gone.
Is this the right time to buy and make a huge profit?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 08:51 PM

Re: Share Price Dropping

I wish I knew the answer to this Azure .
In fact I asked someone that same question last week !
There has been a ten year bull run but now the world is an uncertain place and the stick market is jittery .

Anyone out there got a crystal ball ?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 07:58 AM

No crystal ball here either but shares a have always been volatile....the secret is don't lose your nerve. I'm not sure about buying right now....maybe after Xmas.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Any investment where they say don't invest more than you can afford to lose is one to avoid IMO but that's because we can't afford to lose anything I suppose.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish I knew the answer to this Azure .
In fact I asked someone that same question last week !
There has been a ten year bull run but now the world is an uncertain place and the stick market is jittery .

Anyone out there got a crystal ball ?
I understand that AI, Artificial Intelligence Companies are going to make £billions in future as the supply Microsoft and many worldwide companies.
However, there are so many of them and the biggest in the USA, so will need to take advice.
Do any members here know about them?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Hi

I know nothing, my kids do.

Everything sold,, except one, money parked abroad, no need to worry about any fall in the £.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I understand that AI, Artificial Intelligence Companies are going to make £billions in future as the supply Microsoft and many worldwide companies.
However, there are so many of them and the biggest in the USA, so will need to take advice.
Do any members here know about them?

All I know Azure is that tech stocks which have had a fantastic 10 years have plummeted ( just about the time I bought some !)
I don't know anything about AI
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Millions are being wiped out of major shares such as Facebook just now. 24$Billion gone.
Is this the right time to buy and make a huge profit?
The whole market is seeing a slump I think, so no, I wouldn't treat it as a signal to buy. The falls are likely nothing to do with the specific companies but rather with wider market conditions. So if say company X is a really bad company run by really bad management then it's share price will likely still fall.

Stock markets are largely rigged arenas. The people in the know get out before the huge share price falls. The falls very often don't go back up. The market makers are effectly just resetting the normal level for that share.

Government needs to completely overhaul the entire industry but unfortunately it has government in its back pocket.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The whole market is seeing a slump I think, so no, I wouldn't treat it as a signal to buy. The falls are likely nothing to do with the specific companies but rather with wider market conditions. So if say company X is a really bad company run by really bad management then it's share price will likely still fall.

Stock markets are largely rigged arenas. The people in the know get out before the huge share price falls. The falls very often don't go back up. The market makers are effectly just resetting the normal level for that share.

Government needs to completely overhaul the entire industry but unfortunately it has government in its back pocket.
Was with my daughter over Christmas and her "husband" who was Banker for and American firm in the UK on over a Million a year, he was sacked at 37 before the crash and has never worked again...he is now 50

Asked her how much he had lost on his shares with the latest crash.

Reaction was £250.000 and he said so what, some will recover some will not.

If none recover we are all in S+++ street.

Horses for courses.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Actually the FTSE closed at 6685 thats not so bad... we will see what happens tomorrow but I'm not worried the market goes up and down all the time.

Edited to say the American market was open today and the NASDAQ is up 3 per cent .... still open

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top