Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Re: By Election Looming

Read this and prepare to be gobsmacked:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...course-justice

Ms Onasanya posted a defiant message in WhatsApp group for the 2017 intake of Labour MPs indicating that she planned to fight on.

The deeply-religious former lawyer compared her experience to Jesus, "Joseph, Moses, Daniel and his three Hebrew friends who were each found guilty by the courts of their day".

She said: "As many of you are already aware, due to widespread media coverage, I was found guilty of perverting the course of justice. Although I vigorously maintained my innocence, the jury has decided that I am guilty.

"I campaigned for justice and for the interests of ordinary people throughout my entire working life to date, but it is this which has made both national and international press. The first jury was dismissed having failed to reach a decision last month but the second jury reached their conclusion within days."

She continued: "Regardless of what you believe or suspect, the fact remains that I Fiona, sought to be the choice and voice of change — but this may now take a different path. More than ever before I am asking that you commit time in prayer for my family.

"In times like these the natural inclination of believers is to ask God why? I personally do not, because in my experience the answers are usually far above and beyond my reach. What I do know is that I am in good biblical company along with Joseph, Moses, Daniel and his three Hebrew friends who were each found guilty by the courts of their day.

"While God did not save them from a guilty verdict he did save them in it and ensured that their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict. Of course this is equally true of Christ who was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story.

"Please pray that my family will find peace and strength in this perilous time through this guilty verdict."
I hope that I'm not being non-PC when I say that her arrogance reminds me of certain deluded "third-world dictators".....
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 05:32 PM

REALIST

I Agree with your comments, and I know what you mean about Labour's image, or at least the lack of a favourable one, but I didn't mention that as I thought that the events would speak for themselves

Perhaps they're preparing her to take over from The Abbopottamus when the time comes; though I see you have not included her in your list of rogues and incompetents

OMAH

I can't really improve on your comments, except to say - me too!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 07:26 PM

Hi

Whatever happened to having a sense of personal responsibility?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 03:22 AM

No doubt it's all the fault of the baby boomers .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 03:58 PM

As a solicitor, Ms Onasanya will, undoubtedly, be aware that:

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/p...se-of-justice/

The maximum sentence that can be imposed for perverting the course of justice is life imprisonment and/or a fine. However, Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) sentencing guidelines recommend a prison sentence for this crime of between four and 36 months.
Former cabinet minister Chris Huhne and his ex-wife Vicky Pryce were each jailed for eight months for a similar offence so, one would assume, that is the least she may expect.

However, MS Onasanya will, inevitably, use the time to write her self-serving "book" and prepare to put herself about (as a black martyr?) on multiple media plaforms after her release ..... there is just no stopping some people's ambition .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top