Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:01 PM

Hemorrhoids

This is a delicate subject and very embarrassing but I am hoping someone can come up with a solution for me as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my doctors.

I have been suffering a very itchy bottom for over 3 weeks now and I have been to the lady doctor 3 times and I'm going to see another doctor on MOnday because its not getting any better in fact its getting much worse and it is driving me insane and to despair.

It may sound comical but believe me it is horrendous and is making me feel quite depressed and wanting to cry because I just can't get rid of the itch. When it comes on bad I feel like I want to rip my backside out, it really is that bad.

She told me I have hemorrhoids but surely they shouldn't cause such extreme and intense itching like this. I have had 3 lots of different creams and none of them have worked.

I am starting to really worry now as its just getting worse and I keep thinking I may have anal cancer and it's a very frightening thought.

I don't have any bleeding which is good but I keep thinking its only a matter of time where I draw blood. I've read not to scratch the itch but it is virtually impossible not to need to scratch.

I can't get in to see the doctor again until Monday so I thought I would ask here if anyone had suffered a severe itchy bottom and if so can you tell me anything that may help.

Sorry for the embarrassing post but I am just desperate for help to ease it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:06 PM

Re: Hemorrhoids

Not a clue Queeny. I only know that anusol is available in a stronger cream by prescription, because I just read that at another place.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:53 PM

I've had them too, they do shrink in time. I know it's hard but do try not to scratch them. The important thing is not to get constipated otherwise you will make them worse. Ask the chemist if there is anything different to what you've already had you can use. Maybe anti-itch pills, I take those but not sure if you can get them over the counter, you'd have to ask your GP if those would work perhaps.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:58 PM

A mild hydrocortisone cream such as Canesten HC would probably help you Queenie. It's for yeast infections really and not haemorrhoids but I think you will find it will cure the itching anyway.

You are only allowed to use it for seven days but that should be enough.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:42 AM

Pack LOTS of this on the itchy area. It is white and it is used in baking.

Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 07:50 AM

You have checked you don't have thread worms?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 08:00 AM

Not something I have suffered with thankfully but maybe if you have a friendly pharmacist they could advise you....good luck LQ
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Re: Blue's post.

Corn starch is the same as our corn flour.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:41 AM

You have all my sympathy Lion Queen. 15 years ago I had a quad by-pass and the scar became a keloid scar. I have intense itching at night around the scar and want to tear the flesh from my chest. I rub in antiseptic cream and that does calm it down. It also helps to keep any contact with material at bay. I do hope that you can find some help with your problem.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:50 AM

Poor you LQ
I think Carols idea of Canesten is probaby the best bet .

Just reading up about caused on here .

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-diso...w-anal-itching

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top