Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Re: Computer Inks

I don't know if Epson printers are still the same as the ones I had a good few years ago but I found the inkjets clogged too easily. I'm sure more ink was used in unsuccessful cleaning cycles than in printing pages. I went to Canon after that but the one I had broke mechanically.

I have an inexpensive HP scanner/printer now and no matter how many days/weeks it remains idle, it still prints pages OK when required.

Anyway, as regards inks and prices, I have tried various ink cartridge suppliers but think the printer manufacturer ones are best. I know that's an arguable point but I don't do enough printing to worry about the more expensive prices.

I decided to ask a search engine why printer inks are so expensive and here's one answer that came up:

https://www.consumerreports.org/prin...-so-expensive/
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Re: Computer Inks

Very interesting link,. Mart. Thanks.

It seems we are paying for the initial technology that goes into manufacturing the printer ink cartridges that costs millions evidently.
As well as those inks being used for printing they are also designed to do the maintenance work on our printers too which is built into the design of them. Perhaps they are worth the price we pay in the end.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top